PC Peripherals My VERY OwN MULLAH BLOWER!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kidoman get a CM Stacker... Way better then any server cabinet and with the setup like that you need to have a good cabby...

kidoman said:
Hi all,

I am getting most of the parts from Singapore throught a, erm..., contact......

4000 San Diego :hap2:

MSI Neo4 Platinum-SLI

2 x 1 GB DDR-400 Hynix :(

BGF 7800GTXOC 460/1300 :hap2:

4 x 120 GB Samsung SATA 7200 R.P.M. RAID-0 :(

*1 x 80 GB Samsung PATA 7200 R.P.M. as backup drive

*8x LITEON DVD+RW SOHC-832S

*8x MSI DVD+RW burner which somehow conked out earlier and now works

680 W ASPIRE Monster Power ATX-AS680W-BL ATX12V/ EPS12V

*Razer Diamondback Plasma :hap2:

*Razer eXactMat

*Razer eXactRest :(

19" PHILIPS Flat

The * before the name indicates that I had that part from before. I hope I put the right parts together.

Any comments?

Cheers,

Karan

Well when u are spending so much, get this rather than what u've mentioned...

Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (will cost the same as sandiego 4000+)

DFI Lanparty UT SLI-DR

2x1GB Crucial Value RAM (based on micron -5BD... it overclocks like hell at miniscule voltages)

If you can get a good deal, go for Ballistix instead but i'm not sure how much more it costs in singapore. All other 1GB modules suck if u wanna overclock.

XFX 7800GTX overclocked (490/1300 vs 460/1300 of BFG. Dont worry about build quality, all 7800GTX boards are made by the same manufacturer appointed by nvidia. Different brands just put their sticker on it :p) You could even look for the leadtek overclocked card which has a monstrous dual slot cooler.

2x250GB Hitachi or Western Digital SATA2 drive for storage(don't raid them)

2x36GB Western Digital Raptor for system drive.

Benq DW1640 DVD-RW drive (get it here.. it'll cost nearly the same)

That is a shit psu... Get a good brand like FSP, Antec, Tagan, Silverstone etc. Make sure its atleast 550W.

19" Viewsonic VP191b

Mouse keyboard upon personal prefs.

I'd suggest that you buy your hard drives in india as they are the components most susceptible to failure and to claim warranty, u'd have to run to singapore.

does tagan have a psu above 480w ? thought they hadn't released anything in a while

bottle said:
does tagan have a psu above 480w ? thought they hadn't released anything in a while
Hm... my mistake... hadn't realized it. Strange that they make the OCZ 520W and 600W powerstream psus and don't have a 480W+ of their own :S.

rahul said:
BGF ..... its a new brand or wat ..... just kidding anyways i don't think its OCed 460 i think its 490 ....
BFG is 460. XFX OC and EVGA KO are 490. Asus TOP is 486

I've seen it mentioned that Tagan and OCZ are made by the same company - Topower. And apparently, Topower also owns Tagan.

Hmm............

@ ALL:

I already hv purchased the RAM and I think i got a very bad deal. Neways, the parts used on the Dual Sided RAM modules are Hynix 510AA HY50U128228T-D43 Are these any good for overclocking? Or are these gonna haunt me forever?

Also @ ALL: What unending budget? This is a medium config PC. Just because these parts cost like HELL in India does not mean this is High end. I specifically didnt go for AMD X2 3800 because besides the clock speed, they also reduced the L2 Cache (which is important for me) and also the multiplier is locked. I will overclock the 4000 SanDiego to around 2.8 Ghz to 3.0 Ghz once i get some decent cooling systems. Hopefully then it will scream. Other X2 chips (which I did actually EYE) were way too expensive to fit in my budget.

Erm @ALL again:

The difference between 460 Mhz and 490 Mhz is not 30 Mhz but actually 1 multiplier change internally. I read that the internal oscillator clock of 7800GTX cores is 27 Mhz. So the 30 Mhz diff is actually a 1 multiplier core. Neways I am getting a water cooling system sometime later. So it will rock then.......

Also, I am not so experienced at overclocking AMD 64 since I have never used those chips....... Can someone give a link? (prefarably inside TE.)

The Aspire brand is a very stable brand. Ofcourse I have given choices to the person in SG. But I wanted a high W dual-12V rail PSU coz with 4 harddisks, 7800GTX SLI, 2 Optical drives amd MSI Neo4 Platinum-SLI, there is gonna be shortage of those much needed AMPs.

Cheers and awaiting replies,

Karan

Ok, Hynix RAM will haunt you forever for starters. You maybe able to jump it up a level w/o increasing the voltage.

You should have rather gone with the Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe, easy overclocking through the BIOS itself.

Get a better PSU, Dual Rail 12V, ofcourse, and get one rated atleast 500W.

Maybe 600W to be on the save side. Check out www.sidewinder.com or www.frozencpu.com

BTW do check out for 7800GTX PCI slot incompatabilty of MSI SLI board(There is one capacitor on the board which dosent let the Card to fit)... It was mentioned here on TE itself... Also go in for a good cabby...

P.S. Goldenfrag its www.sidewindercomputers.com ;)

Well its a chepo Navtech casing but is quite spacious also great wire management can be done on the same... Is around 1400 bucks here in Delhi... Zebronics has a similar model...

Wasise i am planning to upgrade my cabby... Thinking about getting a stacker but again... Some people have all the moolah in the world ;)...

@kidoman ---- Abt the AMD 64 overclocking, refer the OC N Moddin section. There is a sticky there abt AMD 64 overclocking links

kidoman said:
Hmm............

@ ALL:

I already hv purchased the RAM and I think i got a very bad deal. Neways, the parts used on the Dual Sided RAM modules are Hynix 510AA HY50U128228T-D43 Are these any good for overclocking? Or are these gonna haunt me forever?

Also @ ALL: What unending budget? This is a medium config PC. Just because these parts cost like HELL in India does not mean this is High end. I specifically didnt go for AMD X2 3800 because besides the clock speed, they also reduced the L2 Cache (which is important for me) and also the multiplier is locked. I will overclock the 4000 SanDiego to around 2.8 Ghz to 3.0 Ghz once i get some decent cooling systems. Hopefully then it will scream. Other X2 chips (which I did actually EYE) were way too expensive to fit in my budget.

Erm @ALL again:

The difference between 460 Mhz and 490 Mhz is not 30 Mhz but actually 1 multiplier change internally. I read that the internal oscillator clock of 7800GTX cores is 27 Mhz. So the 30 Mhz diff is actually a 1 multiplier core. Neways I am getting a water cooling system sometime later. So it will rock then.......

Also, I am not so experienced at overclocking AMD 64 since I have never used those chips....... Can someone give a link? (prefarably inside TE.)

The Aspire brand is a very stable brand. Ofcourse I have given choices to the person in SG. But I wanted a high W dual-12V rail PSU coz with 4 harddisks, 7800GTX SLI, 2 Optical drives amd MSI Neo4 Platinum-SLI, there is gonna be shortage of those much needed AMPs.

Cheers and awaiting replies,

Karan

If you want a high amps powersupply, get the PCP&C 510SLI. Its better than most 680-700W PSUs. Personally i've never heard of aspire.

Damn old memories... not just bumping for sake of bumping... but doing a search brought this thread up..... damn '05!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back