N8 in Shining Armour!

I have never done a review before, but I ll try to get one up.

Got it for 24.5K in all (with a 4gig memory card and a case)

Screen is really amazing, the graphics card does a really good job.

No games on it though! :(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Rahulrulez said:
Hmm, how's screen? Is it as good as Galaxy S?
Screen is awesome, sunlight visibility is pretty good, watching videos is such a treat.

^ Does the screen provides good touch response? I was totally dissatisfied with the rest Nokia touch phones, I was just pressing screen like button :mad: how is the touch quality of screen?

Congrats to OP :)

I also tried N8 at a Nokia Showroom, I didn't feel any lag as such, screen didn't appear as good as SAMOLED.

One was connected to a big LCD panel with HDMI port, and also with a wireless mouse through USB OnTheGo.

The guy played few clips, and it looked nice, all in all it was good, but still the OS looks the same old :S

^^ Plz place stress on the fact that it "looks" the same.

I am playing with my unit right now and it is FANTASTIC. No lags , smooth kinetic scrolling everywhere. Absolutely love it.

Congrats Orangewrath!

desiibond said:
congrats. can we expect a full blown review? :)
I have already done one but it will go live on Sunday... will PM you the link then. And to folks who are asking about the screen, well it's AMOLED so its OK. But nothing great. Screen on Galaxy S is great.

dhruvrock2000 said:
^^ Plz place stress on the fact that it "looks" the same.

I am playing with my unit right now and it is FANTASTIC. No lags , smooth kinetic scrolling everywhere. Absolutely love it.
Hey, Im having a problem with the WLAN, Im getting the Invalid server name error (tried with both automatic IP and User defined IP, still same)

Does the encryption have to be WEP only or WPA is fine?

Did you get yours to work?

orangewrath said:
Hey, Im having a problem with the WLAN, Im getting the Invalid server name error (tried with both automatic IP and User defined IP, still same)

Does the encryption have to be WEP only or WPA is fine?

Did you get yours to work?

WLAN is workin fine for me, i am having problems with push email account

2 things i want to clarify :

i. does this play 720p mkv's ??

ii. have u tried playing videos downloaded from youtube (mp4 720p) directly without conversion ??

^^

Will try those out

Above , push mail is already configured on 2 of my devices, that could be conflicting. Its working for others though so could be something with my account.

Plays 720p files flawlessly, tried playing avataar, no problems. Did not convert anything, just copied, it plays!

Battery life amazing, fully charged yesterday at 9 am, 52 min calls, 80 texts, 2 hours watching movies, atleast 50 pics taken, installed games, played em, still 2 bars left!!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

VOiLA said:
Mr., FIX THE PICS !
Pics not visible??

orangewrath said:
New pics of the phone playing a 720p video file and running Assassins Creed 2 added to the first post :)
Asking too much, but wouldn't a video showing the play be better than some snaps :)

Back