N97 mini GPS navigation in Paris!!

sikvik

Disciple
Jul 15, 2007
Quick question guys. In Paris for hols. Before leaving Delhi I had saved/favourited all the spots I wanted to visit in OVI maps. Also synced the phone.

In Paris, all the phone shows is my current location no turn by turn navigation or map?? I've disabled assisted GPRS, plus the 3.5G available in Paris. Is this the reason I'm unable to get navigation???

In delhi it would work without GPRS as well. Havent tried to run it on GPRS or 3G as apparently once out of the country Airtel will charge a bomb. Any ideas guys. Feeling real crappy - next time will invest in a stand alone GPS unit if that's what it takes....

Cheers..

GameNome

Adept
Jan 25, 2008
Mumbai
If you didn't download the maps for France via the Nokia Map Loader, nokia maps will have to download them using your mobile data connection.

sikvik

Disciple
Jul 15, 2007
Thanks for that :) Aren't I the village idiot:ashamed: Maybe some kind soul in a Nokia outlet here, will let me use their sim to d'load the map for France..

Cheers..

gizmoholic

Adept
Jul 6, 2005
^ Amen to that. One of the main reasons to stick to a Symbian Phone. (I use a Samsung Omnia HD, but am able to use Ovi Maps as it is a Symbian S60 device )