Storage Solutions Need 1 TB desktop HDD, WD Blue ?

abhishek2600

≡ Green World ≡
Disciple
I'm in need of 1TB internal HDD for my desktop. As my current hdd is heading toward its EOL.
Currently having Samsung 500+160 GB HDD.
I've almost finalized WD Blue 1 TB (WD10EZEX) as going through several threads here and on other forums i've come to know that WD is the best when it comes to A.S.S.
Flipkart

Please suggest if this is the right pick and help me find good deal on that.... I need to buy asap.

Thanks for looking.

flipkart has a lot of negative reviews for bad packaging of hdd's, which causes dead-on-arrival and also hdd failure after few months..
so be aware before buying from flipkart..

i am also looking to buy this hdd at a gud price

flipkart has a lot of negative reviews for bad packaging of hdd's, which causes dead-on-arrival and also hdd failure after few months..
so be aware before buying from flipkart..

i am also looking to buy this hdd at a gud price

Snapdeal don't have this model and the one from ebay is overpriced... can't find this model in any local shop in my area. It seems i'll have to buy from Flipkart. Could you direct me to some other reliable place where its available for good price ?
My current HDD is constantly showing signs so i need to get it very soon maybe before Pooja.[DOUBLEPOST=1380866356][/DOUBLEPOST]theitdepot selling it for 4430

Last edited:
I payed 3.9k on FK couple of months back. And as @yjain18 mentioned, it came in an envelope :(
Though its working fine, I wouldnt buy again from them.

And as usual, they removed my review which I had posted.

I payed 3.9k on FK couple of months back. And as @yjain18 mentioned, it came in an envelope :(
Though its working fine, I wouldnt buy again from them.

I think sellers other than "WS Retail" has more such negative feedbacks for bad packaging. But eventually the service of flipkart has been deteriorating continuously. Its no longer in my preferred buying destination.

And as usual, they removed my review which I had posted.

This is definitely a bad thing practiced by several other players. It is the honest service which wins you loyal customers.

I think sellers other than "WS Retail" has more such negative feedbacks for bad packaging. But eventually the service of flipkart has been deteriorating continuously. Its no longer in my preferred buying destination.

This is definitely a bad thing practiced by several other players. It is the honest service which wins you loyal customers.
The seller was 'WS Retail'.

WS RETAIL is pathetic now and has gone to the dogs, they are known to send hard drives in an envelope.. My last 5 orders have been either delayed by weeks or cancelled after a week or two, citing no stock..

One order had 3 items, two were delivered by FedEx from delhi... A fake tracking number was given for the third item.. And after a week or two they cancel the order and say fedex doesn't service your area...

The seller was 'WS Retail'.
WS RETAIL is pathetic now and has gone to the dogs, they are known to send hard drives in an envelope.. My last 5 orders have been either delayed by weeks or cancelled after a week or two, citing no stock..

One order had 3 items, two were delivered by FedEx from delhi... A fake tracking number was given for the third item.. And after a week or two they cancel the order and say fedex doesn't service your area...

Thank god, i resisted myself buying from them.

Was nervous seeing this thread regarding Ws Retail. However my WD My passport arrived yesterday with good packaging and is working perfect :D . Transferred over 500 gb yesterday

It is sad, WD is not available in my local market !! only seagate ,can i go with seagate ? if WD is not available. i mean what will be the consequences !!. if i can go with seagate pls let me know the model for 1 TB.
Also i heard Flipkart's packing is not good for HDD, how is http://www.theitdepot.com ?

Last edited:
It is sad, WD is not available in my local market !! only seagate ,can i go with seagate ? if WD is not available. i mean what will be the consequences !!. if i can go with seagate pls let me know the model for 1 TB.
Also i heard Flipkart's packing is not good for HDD, how is http://www.theitdepot.com ?

As per many TE members and other WD user's i came across with WD's service is better than Seagate. You can check few threads here in Consumer Feedback section to get an idea...
Thread 1
Thread 2
If you decide to go for Seagate then you'd generally find Model:ST1000DM003 in your local market. Its a good 7200rpm drive with 64MB cache.
No personal experience from theitdepot.com.... other members who might have purchased from them may shed some light.

Back