Budget 90k+ Need a build for heavy multitasking that can drive up to four 4k monitors for work only

Just interested to know on your choice of the BenQ PD3200U. This seems to be a monitor for use cases where color quality is important, e.g. digital art, videos etc. I'm sure that you have done research and selected the BENQ. But, I'm not sure if there is any benefit for programming which is your primary focus for the new rig. Sure, the syntax highlighting and fonts in terminals might pop a little more, but is it worth the almost 25-30k premium over say an LG 32UD59 or Samsung LU32J590UQW, both 4k 32 inch monitors.

I picked the BenQ primarily for the IPS panel and the feedback on the excellent viewing angles. I was primarily looking at the LG you mentioned, but saw discussion about how the contrast shifted depending on the viewing angle - especially considering there is so much screen real estate to influence angles. From what I understand, these are VA panels, albeit very good ones. For programming, I personally do think IPS panels are a much better experience.

Aside from that, I decided to splurge on the BenQ since I have a 1.5L hardware budget from the company I joined recently - so I just decided to blow it all on the monitors since the rest of the rig was something I was planning to set up anyway.
Post automatically merged:

theitdepot, primeabgb aren't responding to emails or even picking up calls :(
Is the supply situation that bad? Amazon prices are a lot higher and some items not even available.

Last edited:
Go with an Nvidia Gpu. amdgpu support is a bit better but it doesnt matters in your case since you wont be gaming. Nvidia has other advantages that'll be beneficial in your use case.

Manjaro's(or should I say KDE) wayland support is not the best. This means, You'll probably be running X11 on it. X11 doesnt supports multiple DPIs, So if you have a 4k setup and plugin another 2k/1080p monitor, everything on that monitor will be much bigger. Soo, Until wayland situation gets better, monitors with different resolutions is not a great idea.

Guys, is the Radeaon RX 580 sufficient to drive a worst case of 4 4k monitors, considering there's no gaming involved? It seems to have 5 display outs - with 2xDP + 2xHDMI.
I'm beginning to wonder why a 38k-45k gfx card is needed for this setup, if a good 18k one can do the job *without compromise*.

Go with an Nvidia Gpu. amdgpu support is a bit better but it doesnt matters in your case since you wont be gaming. Nvidia has other advantages that'll be beneficial in your use case.

Manjaro's(or should I say KDE) wayland support is not the best. This means, You'll probably be running X11 on it. X11 doesnt supports multiple DPIs, So if you have a 4k setup and plugin another 2k/1080p monitor, everything on that monitor will be much bigger. Soo, Until wayland situation gets better, monitors with different resolutions is not a great idea.

Hmm, I was considering AMD for the better driver support.

I use XFCE-Wayland under Manjaro, and hidpi seems to work okay. But yes, multiple monitors of differing resolutions is something I'm wary about.
For now, I just got my 2 BenQs delivered today, so they'll be at native 4k. Will see about additional monitors later.
Post automatically merged:

Gonna go for a RX 580 as I think it makes more sense for this build :)

Last edited:
Back