need a flash-based mp3 player

Alright so i need to buy an mp3 player (flash based - to avoid damaging it from the inside lol).
So suggest me something.. i can get here or abroad
i like the iAudio 7 (dont know the indian price though)

Other brands include:
Ipod ( don't wanna get it cause everyone has an ipod)
Creative
iRiver
Microsoft
Sandisk
Sony

I'm looking for good sound quality, easy connectivity to the pC (dont like to go through a software to put in my music), video playback (doesnt matter much but would like to have it anyways)
Size - min 4 gigs. max anything.. :)
Price - something in 10k... could extend if the product is worth it.

Thanks

Hey checkout the Cowon D2. Mine(8Gb) is going to arrive on 23rd of this month when my bro is coming back from US. I was told that the D2 2gb is available in india for about 12.5K

Ipod Nano 3g 4Gb will suit the best ... :D Well Some say 6.5k but I got 8.8k quote from Genuine shop.. So do some research before buying.. Even same quote I saw on TV :p

P.S : Cowon provides great media player and if you can get D2 get it eye closed :p

Cowon D2 sounds great but it is overpriced here :-(.
Get the new Creative Zen ,4-8GB,features similar to D2.
Pros: expandable SD slot, 2.5 " screen 16million colours, supports nearly all video formats,good warm sound, beats new Ipod nano with ep630s easily :).
Cons:The Sd slot is not integrated with main music library.
Bad stock earphones, even the transcend ones are better :-(

Got it for 6K from alpha, nice little player :)

MusicisLife said:
Cowon D2 sounds great but it is overpriced here :-(.
Get the new Creative Zen ,4-8GB,features similar to D2.
Pros: expandable SD slot, 2.5 " screen 16million colours, supports nearly all video formats,good warm sound, beats new Ipod nano with ep630s easily :).
Cons:The Sd slot is not integrated with main music library.
Bad stock earphones, even the transcend ones are better :-(

Got it for 6K from alpha, nice little player :)
OT: hey MusicisLife which screen guard/protector are you using for that beautiful screen of creative zen .
plz tell me as i want a one soon for my creative zen vision m
they both have same screen dimensions ...

I have a brand new cowon d2 4GB player with 1 year india warranty.

It costs Rs.12,500 to buy a new one. If you would like I can give it to you for R.10,000.

I am put up in Bangalore though. If you would like then you can audition it and then take it. Please let me know if you are interested.

It cleanly beats the ipod and creative. You have to hear it to believe it. Also the battery time is just crazy. 10 hours for video and 52 for audio.

hmm i have thought of this :

1)to get a 16gb flash based player

2) need it more for music than videos (Though videos woudl be nice nonetheless)

i know three of em, iAudio 7 16gb, Sandisk Sansa View 16gb and Creative Zen V 16gb.

The Creative is nice! but still having an iAudio when not many have even heard about it adds to the err 'geek' tag lolzzz.

Justinâ„¢ said:
There is not just one model available in iPod for your info. If you can afford, go for iPod Touch.

What bro.. ipod touch 8 gb for 18k that's insane in 18k he can get anything much better than touch :p Better get PSP with 8 GB card if u have so big budget:)

I know man. I was just replying to "everybody has it" dialogue. :p Touch is so costly not everybody has it and it definitely looks cool.

I didnt meant any offense by that. :)

I am also looking for new player..... I checked out the Cowan and the Transcend, thanks for the info. I think the Cowan is a little bulkier than I want and the Transcend does not offer enough features.

So far the Samsung yp-p2 seems the best bang for buck, with good sound and Bluetooth support. Although the codec support is so so .. it uses all the important ones. I think, unless I find a better one, I'm going for the 8gb version.

PiXeLpUsHeR said:
I am also looking for new player..... I checked out the Cowan and the Transcend, thanks for the info. I think the Cowan is a little bulkier than I want and the Transcend does not offer enough features.

So far the Samsung yp-p2 seems the best bang for buck, with good sound and Bluetooth support. Although the codec support is so so .. it uses all the important ones. I think, unless I find a better one, I'm going for the 8gb version.

the Samsung YP-P2 looks so sexy :drool2: :eek:hyeah:

I would buy it with my eyes closed :D

you could buy Newegg.com - SONY Black PlayStation Portable Slim + Amazon.com: Sony MSXM8GS 8 GB Memory Stick PRO Duo (Retail Package): Electronics too :)

Back