Budget 51-70k Need a Gaming PC under 60K

1. What is your budget?
    • 50-60K
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • None, this will be my first PC (if you don't count my Pentium 4 from a decade ago). I do own a monitor which I listed in the next question.
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Acer EK240Y 1080p 24 inch
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel i3 12100F
    • Motherboard - Gigabyte B660M DS3H DDR4
    • GPU - AMD RX 6500 XT
    • PSU - Cooler Master MWE 550W
    • RAM - 2 x 8 GB 3200 MHz DDR4
    • SSD - Crucial P2 500 GB NVME
    • Any decent cabinet that's under 3k should suffice
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • 2 TB HDD (Within 6 months if my budget exceeds 60K)
    • I don't intend to upgrade any further for about 4 years or so, but I would like some upgradablility path if possible.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Ritchie Street, Chennai
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • I feel a bit iffy about used parts but if there's a pretty good and reliable deal, I will be open to it
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Basic Level Video Editing (Slowly wanting to get into it)
    • Blender (Want to learn)
    • Web Development / Mobile App Development
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • I have heard Corsair PSUs have poor service in India so everyone was recommending me Cooler Master. Also, lots of people are hating on Gigabyte motherboards but the few I came across that use them said they work fine and are good enough, so I am a bit confused about mobo.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Rocket League
    • Battlefield 1/3/4
    • Maybe Red Dead Redemption 2 and Dying Light 2 in the near future
    • I do not mind playing games at 1080p low
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage?
    • 1080p 60 Hz (That's the one I own now so yeah)
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No, I don't want to mess anything up by accident so not planning to overclock anything.
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 64 bit
I won't be needing WiFi on mobo since I will just be using the LAN Cable.

Your budget is not sufficient to build a gaming PC. With GPU prices being what they are, the GPU you've listed itself costs around 22-25k.

And gaming on i3 is going to be very short term. The processor will be a bottleneck.

If you have time and can wait, I'd recommend keeping an eye on the market section here and you can get some components for cheaper.

I might get blasted for this suggestion, but if you're in a hurry, get an M1 Mac Mini. Gaming is not that great, but you can play some at 1080p at decent settings. It's within your budget and completely hassle free purchase. Macs have good resale value, so in a year or so, when are ready to upgrade, sell this and get a proper gaming rig. Who knows, GPU prices might come down by then.

Your budget is not sufficient to build a gaming PC. With GPU prices being what they are, the GPU you've listed itself costs around 22-25k.

And gaming on i3 is going to be very short term. The processor will be a bottleneck.

If you have time and can wait, I'd recommend keeping an eye on the market section here and you can get some components for cheaper.

I might get blasted for this suggestion, but if you're in a hurry, get an M1 Mac Mini. Gaming is not that great, but you can play some at 1080p at decent settings. It's within your budget and completely hassle free purchase. Macs have good resale value, so in a year or so, when are ready to upgrade, sell this and get a proper gaming rig. Who knows, GPU prices might come down by then.
I am not a big fan of Apple so I am inclined not to use their products. So for now, I have three options to go with

i5 12400F + RX 6500 XT + H610M + Others (60k)
i3 12100F + RTX 3050 + H610M + Others (70k, going for this if I can increase my budget)
i5 12400 + B660 (APU build, GPU later on)
Here's a build for you on pcpricetracker.in. About 62k.

https://pcpricetracker.in/b/s/3ebfc02c-8eb5-45c7-9d33-9a8be226b9ed

Though I would suggest that you look at gaming laptops in similar pricing and go with whatever provides better value/specs.
Thanks! Is it alright to get the H610M motherboard and i5 12400F? I don't intend to upgrade my CPU for about 4-5 years so I will just replace the CPU and mobo then.

I did intend to get a gaming laptop but was concerned about potential heating issues and what not. I already own a laptop (AMD A12 9720P) so planning to continue using that for my casual tasks (web development) and use the PC for gaming and editing.

Last edited:
PSU is going to cost you 8-9k, cabinet at least 3k. No way your first config is going to come within 60k.

But if it can, then I'd definitely recommend i5 over i3.

Yes, you're right. I think max 5k will do for 550w. I have was checking the price of 650w, but I guess that would be overkill for this config.
I am most probably going for the i5 12400F + RX 6500 XT + H610M. Comes to around 61k.

The resale value of 6500 XT will be terrible later on but that's what my budget can get, and it seems good enough. Which cabinet would you recommend? Around 3k or less.

Back