Need a Gaming Rig for <60k , for a Noob

SHR3Y

Disciple
I have no idea whatsoever about any components or tech details ,

so i need your help in building a gaming rig .

No preferences , nothing .

I've already got a LCD screen and speakers , and i want to play recent games on 1080p , which includes Bad Company 3 , Modern Warfare 3 , RAGE.

And I have no idea about overclocking and stuff , so need suggestions on that too like is overclocking good or not .

And Please don't ask me a lot of tech stuff , cause i really don't have much idea about it .

Thank you .

This is what I would recommend for a 60,000/- budget --

Intel Core i5 2500 ~12500/-

Intel DH67-BL ~5400/-

G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 1600MHz ~3400/-

AMD HD 7850 2GB ~16500/-

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB ~6000/-

Seasonic S12II 520W ~3700/-

Corsair Carbide 400R ~5400/-

APC BR1.1KVA-IN ~4800/-

If you want an over-clocker capable RIG --

Intel Core i5 2500k ~13500/-

ASUS P8Z68M-PRO ~9500/-

Noctua NH-U12P SE2 ~3900/-

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

If you're not in a dying hurry it would be wise to wait for ivy bridge and new kepler and amd gpu's to settle in.

Not really, there will not be a sea change in the performance with Ivy-Bridge, only power consumption is getting tightened vis-a-vis Sandy-Bridge. Apart from this slightly more powerful HD 4000 and HD 2500 IGP units are making a debut but they still cannot hold a candle to Redwood's performance OR efficiency in gaming and 3D applications.

Apart from that I do agree on mid-range Southern Island cards releasing [HD 7870 OR 7850], I cannot justify waiting for Kepler as I do not think it is happening any time soon [optimistic guess-work will suggest a hard launch in May].

Apart from this slightly more powerful HD 4000 and HD 2500 IGP units are making a debut but they still cannot hold a candle to Redwood's performance OR efficiency in gaming and 3D applications.

#[member='ALPHA17']

The difference between HD3000 & HD4000 will be miles & miles, not "slightly more". Speculations are of 190%, but that's too much. But some leaked benchies have shown a performance upgrade up to 120%. Check this- http://forum.notebookreview.com/8327518-post1.html

Just wanted to clear the "slight" stuff
<

#[member='ALPHA17']

The difference between HD3000 & HD4000 will be miles & miles, not "slightly more". Speculations are of 190%, but that's too much. But some leaked benchies have shown a performance upgrade up to 120%. Check this- http://forum.noteboo...7518-post1.html

Thanks for the heads-up but I doubt this is enough to edge out Redwood as the king of IGP's as well Redwood supports Hybrid-CrossFire and the Stars CPU can be over-clocked ~200 --> 400MHz to make it a good low end gaming solution.

Also Trinity demo earlier this year had a stupendously better IGP, running three screens from a single laptop, playing games and a HD video in parallel whilst the CPU crunched away at encoding task.

Let us hope AMD doesn't bungle those release dates. Cheers!!

Thanks for the heads-up but I doubt this is enough to edge out Redwood as the king of IGP's as well Redwood supports Hybrid-CrossFire and the Stars CPU can be over-clocked ~200 --> 400MHz to make it a good low end gaming solution.

Also Trinity demo earlier this year had a stupendously better IGP, running three screens from a single laptop, playing games and a HD video in parallel whilst the CPU crunched away at encoding task.

Let us hope AMD doesn't bungle those release dates. Cheers!!

When did I say it'd surpass Trinity ACF or HCF ?
<
Was just saying in reference with HD3000 & HD4000. Trinity will for sure leaveHD3000 & even HD4000 in dust
<
(just praying it doesn't turns out like BD)

isnt seagate barracuda 1tb overprice @6000 flipkart sell at 5250/

Wait for April mid prices are going north no thanks to our governing mandarins.

have no idea about overclocking

This is over-clocking --> http://en.wikipedia....ki/Overclocking / http://www.tomshardw...g-guide,15.html / http://compreviews.a...aaOverclock.htm.

depending on your understanding after this, it is upto you whether you want to invest time and money into over-clocking OR not. Then we can guide you which configuration you can get in your budget.

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] is HD 7870 available in the market ?[/font]

A good question and the immediate answer to this is no, it is not available yet. The HD 78** series were supposed to be out by mid-March but sources are claiming it has been pushed back to mid-April due to fabrication issues in the HD 7850 series chips.

The best bet for you would be a HD 7870 OR GTX 660Ti depending on availability and overall price / performance offered by the cards.

should I wait till mid April , will the prices come down ?

Well cannot say, as Intel has rarely reduced prices of older generation chips even when they are competing with their own newer line-up of processors. So no luck on that side.

Again for graphics cards depending on availability and the plethora of taxes the Indian Institution slaps on such stuff will determine the overall price. If you can wait, I will say wait else you can buy immediately [at the earliest] as well.

This is what I would recommend for a 60,000/- budget --

Intel Core i5 2500 ~12500/-

Intel DH67-BL ~5400/-

G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 1600MHz ~3400/-

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB ~6000/- [prices are around ~5500/- if you acquire it from Delta Page, Chennai]

Seasonic S12II 520W ~3700/-

Corsair Carbide 400R ~5400/- [a really good cabinet which can take on the more expensive variants because of it feature set and great design --> http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/Carbide_400R/ / http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/corsair_carbide_400r/]

APC BR1.1KVA-IN ~4800/- [get this UPS even if you have an inverter at your place because inverters have a lapse time of ~1 second, UPS have micro-second response times so that your PC doesn't go out as soon as power is cut at your place]

If you want an over-clocker capable RIG --

Intel Core i5 2500k ~13500/-

ASUS P8Z68M-PRO ~9500/-

Noctua NH-U12P SE2 ~3900/- [you will need a cooler of this calibre if you want to have a stably over-clocked system bearing up the heat waves in India]

This is the RIG I had recommended you earlier Sire, now the best graphics card for you will be --

AMD HD 7870 2GB ~22500/- [from SMC International], start over-clocking it and you will realize even at moderate over-clocks it is performing as good as the HD 7950 2GB in most cases and even draws close to the HD 7970 2GB.

If you want the over-clockable set-up, beef up your SMPS to the Corsair TX V2 650W ~5500/- as you will need the reserves to over-clock your components.

I would any day buy a full ATM board than a matx board. A MSI Z68A GD55 will outperform that Asus model in pretty much everything I guess. Of course, full Asus boards are very good, but they are too costly for this budget. So I would recommend the MSI board within 10k. It is the best board within 10k for Intel Z68. Especially for OC and stock performance. Nothing else comes close for bang for money
<

I would any day buy a full ATM board than a matx board. A MSI Z68A GD55 will outperform that Asus model in pretty much everything I guess. Of course, full Asus boards are very good, but they are too costly for this budget. So I would recommend the MSI board within 10k. It is the best board within 10k for Intel Z68. Especially for OC and stock performance. Nothing else comes close for bang for money
happy19.gif

Please post with appropriate links.

Back