i am planning to buy the mobile this Month end and need a help in this

My budget is 15k - 20 k
My requirement is

Camera - 5 MP- 8MP with Autofocus
Size - 480 x 800 pixels with large screen
OS - Android.
Good Music Capabilities and performance in CPU aswell
Gaming – usage is very less
Social Networks - Need Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk, Facebook, Twitter,Document editor (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF)

Thanks in Advance

13k - Spice MI-410 (Camera: 5MP with autofocus and led flash, Size: 480X800 with 4.1 inch screen, OS: Android Froyo, Decent music and video, CPU: 1 ghz 2nd gen snapdragon processor, GPU: Adrenos 205, Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk, Facebook, Twitter,Document editor (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF) are included or can be bought from market )

14-15K - Moto Defy (Camera: 5MP with autofocus and led flash, Size: 480X800 with 3.7 inch screen, OS: Android Froyo, Decent music and video, CPU: 800 mhz TI OMAP processor, GPU: PowerVr SGX530, Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk, Facebook, Twitter,Document editor (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF) are included or can be bought from market)

18-19K - Nexus S (Camera: 5MP with autofocus and led flash, Size: 480X800 with 4.0 inch screen, OS: Android Gingerbread, Excellent music due to Wolfson chip as Galaxy S models, CPU: 1 ghz Hummingbird Processor, GPU: Powervr Sgx540, Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk, Facebook, Twitter,Document editor (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF) are included or can be bought from market)

Those are the three I can suggest with the price range. Maybe other members can shed some light on other models within the price range.

Update: True Nexus S has flash, Sorry for my error.

Thanks to all for suggestions..

MOTOROLA DEFY vs SAMSUNG GOOGLE NEXUS S

i don't see any difference between this and its a slight difference is OS updation and cost

i think its lack of pixel screen(Clarity) and the size in Defy than NEXUS S

^ - defy and nexus are completely different.
Here's a list of what nexus has that defy does not.
1ghz hummingbird cpu compared to 800 mhz ti cpu.
powervr sgx 540 compared to defy's powervr sgx 530 GPU
4" sc-lcd compared to defy's 3.7" lcd
gyro sensor
much better still camera
Google Support

Here's a list of what defy has that nexus s doesnt
gorilla glass
water resist
fm radio
small in size for it's display inchessize. (ex. iphone 4 has a smaller screen but and bigger than defy, desire is of same size but is bigger than defy)

If you have budget till, 20K - definitely go for Nexus S, if you will take care of your device and won't drop anywhere. But if you are not sure about the dropping thing, go for Galaxy S (withstands several bumps, even from waist height). It is priced at 21.6 and has everything that nexus s has. Added with a gorilla glass, samoled screen, 720p video recording, microsd slot and fm radio. But SGS doesn't have a camera flash and gyro sensor.

emmarbee said:
If you have budget till, 20K - definitely go for Nexus S, if you will take care of your device and won't drop anywhere. But if you are not sure about the dropping thing, go for Galaxy S (withstands several bumps, even from waist height). It is priced at 21.6 and has everything that nexus s has. Added with a gorilla glass, samoled screen, 720p video recording, microsd slot and fm radio. But SGS doesn't have a camera flash and gyro sensor.

emmarbee said:
But SGS doesn't have a camera flash and gyro sensor.

is that make a sense of lacking this features..?

can u share the Galaxy S Model No

I've used all the three phones. The Galaxy SL, Motorola Defy & the Nexus S.. Here's my opinion.. I would say, stay away from the Galaxy SL i9003, it costs almost the same as the Nexus S & of inferior specs.. So the choice would be between the Nexus S & Motorola Defy.. The main problem i've found with the Nexus S is the size, its a bit too large for my liking.. I dnt use the FM radio, so not much of a concern.. The loud speaker is not too loud also.. Defy is the winner when it comes to these three factors.. Apart from these, the Nexus S is: Faster, more responsive, way better screen quality, better rom support, more internal memory (though not expandable), gyro sensor, better camera etc..

IMO the price premium of the Nexus S over the defy which is around 5K is well worth it..

Samsung Galaxy SLCD I-9003 is a cheaper version of Galaxy S I-9000. They have SuperLCD screen and different processor than Galaxy S. Also internal rom is only 4gb compared to Galaxy S 8/16gb. Samsung always releases two versions in their lineup to cater different consumers and also cheaper than their flagship model.

Samsung Galaxy SLCD I-9003 has same cpu (TI OMAP) and gpu (SGX530) as Motorola defy while costing 4k more than moto defy. Only thing is Samsung Galaxy SLCD has 1ghz while Moto Defy has 800mhz. If you are planning to buy Samsung Galaxy SLCD, I think you can rather buy Moto Defy and save 4-5k. If you are choosing between Nexus S and Samsung Galaxy Slcd, Nexus S seems to be a more logical choice.

Reason:

1) Nexus S will get updates directly from google and also will get the ice cream sandwich update first than any other handsets in the market. While Gingerbread might the last update for Samsung Galaxy SLCD I-9003

2) Vanilla android. No bloatware, so the experience is really phenomenal. While some people prefer manufacturers skin, vanilla android is better because system runs efficient. While Samsung Galaxy SLCD I-9003 has Samsung Touchwiz which is a bit laggy.

3) CPU and GPU is no slouch either. When comparing amongst the single core phones, Galaxy S/Nexus S has the best processor and GPU. NOT GALAXY SLCD.

Being the same price I am 99.99% sure that 99 people out of 100 would choose Nexus S over Samsung Galaxy SLCD. Also as previous post mentions, it is definitely worth to pay 5k extra to buy Nexus S over Moto Defy because Nexus S is a "Premium Model"

also remember that nexus s is a high-end phone while galaxy sl,IMO is not high-end.....

nesus s is much more powerful than galaxy sl

google device+better proc+better gpu=better android experience,galaxy sl does not even stand near it

Please don't buy the Samsung ACE. Its really not worth the price, the Defy is a much more logical choice at that price point.. If you can spare the extra cash, look no further than the Nexus S..

Go with Nexus S if you want to get the regular updates. I have been using Moto Milestone for more than a year now and from my experience I would suggest you not to go with Moto. Their Software is really buggy and the updates are real pain area. Go with Nexus S you cant go wrong in this budget.

It is NOT ok.
GALAXY S LCD != (not euqal) to GALAXY S.
Not just because it doesn't have super amoled and 16gb internal memory, but just like the others said, mainly for the superb Hummingbird Processor (which sometimes performs closer to the Optimus 2X implementation of tegra).
And one more thing that others have failed to mention - DEV support is crazy for Galaxy S, but not for the i9003.
GT-i9003 will never be getting Cyanogenmod ROM, it seems.

seenuguddu said:
@ emmarbee

Buddy Thanks for the suggestions

One thing from u what's your opinion in this Model

Samsung Galaxy S LCD 4GB I9003 is that equal to Model No Samsung I9003

Little bit confusing with the no’s

Buy Samsung Galaxy S LCD 4GB I9003 (Free accessories Included) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

i will proceed with this .. if it is ok...
If not i will go for Nexus

Awaiting ur reply

Back