Need a HTPC for my friend under 20k.

Even H61 mobo would be good enough,It's OP choice though.
Instead of that, go for this --

Core i3 2120 ~6800/-
Intel DH67-BL ~5800/-
AMD HD6670 ~5500/- OR AMD HD5670 ~5000/- [if possible try to find a HD4670 and you will still be covered]

This will be better in my opinion. The entry level nVidia cards are simply not worth it.

Even the AMD FM1 socket + A75 chipset have all the features sported by the Intel motherboards. These are even compatible with the upcoming desktop Trinity chips for that matter.

Really? I read somewhere that trinity is going to have a new FM2 socket not compatible with FM1. thats why i had delayed my purchase.

I want a mobo with boat load of connectivity options like this intel mobo. Yes. I do tend to max out. :( :(

The H67 is your option then, the H61 being a budget offering does tend to cut-corners in a few areas.

Really? I read somewhere that trinity is going to have a new FM2 socket not compatible with FM1. thats why i had delayed my purchase.

Sorry my mistake, the chipset -->A75 will be compatible whilst the socket is a new one, the FM2.

Bumping this thread up... Going home after 2 weeks. Need to get a Mobo+Proccy+Ram Combo. :)

I am getting a offer for i3 2100, Intel Dh67BL, Gskill Ripjaws CL9 1600MHz. should i go for it? Will the onboard be sufficient for full HD madness? Or need I take a external Gfx card.

Cabinet is Corsair 400R or similar ones. :). Fixed. Need to put in 6 HDD's and 1 boot drive. So please comment on the cooling in these.

Cabinet is Corsair 400R or similar ones. :). Fixed. Need to put in 6 HDD's and 1 boot drive. So please comment on the cooling in these.

Corsair oven's HDD cage will be an oven for 6 hard drives. Get old-fashioned cabinets like Antec 300 for air to flow from 2 front 120mm fans on to the hard drives properly without any blockage. You can seal the side vent in such cases as you don't have hot CPU or graphics card to cool. Sealing it will prevent dust from coming in.

then why the hoopla behind cabbies like corsair..Also liked the build qlty of them.... :(

For most people spending more than 1500 on cabinet**, ability to install a longer graphics card is more important than installing 6 hard disks. So for them, it makes sense. For you, the needs are completely different. So it doesn't make sense.

Quickly buy last generation's cabinets before they are out-of-stock. All cabinet manufacturers have started this hard-drive-roasting-feast in the new generations so that they can claim to support longer graphics cards without using extra material to make longer cabinets.

** : This is because most such people are gamers.

What's your budget and rig?
suggestion????

- - - Updated - - -

What sort of offer you're getting,I think you'd get Sapphire HD5670 OR HD6670-4k for HD madness,Also you'd settle for corsair 400R if you're adding 6HDD's,Corsair 400R has 6-7 HDD support so it's a good fit for you.
Bumping this thread up... Going home after 2 weeks. Need to get a Mobo+Proccy+Ram Combo. :)

I am getting a offer for i3 2100, Intel Dh67BL, Gskill Ripjaws CL9 1600MHz. should i go for it? Will the onboard be sufficient for full HD madness? Or need I take a external Gfx card.

Well... as of now.. around ~10K for Mobo+Proccy+RAM and ~5k for the cabby. Purpose is Full HD madness & Media Streaming, File/Print server occasionally, Then the normal PC stuff. :). As of now, no gaming in it. Got a PS3 there for that.

Will bite the bullet next monday or Wednesday. Please send in your suggestions

For Mobo, Proccy and Ram how about this??

Intel Pentium Processor G630 | Processor | Flipkart.com

Intel DH67CL Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com

G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (F3-10666CL9S-4GBXL) | Ram | Flipkart.com

(8 GB)

Can i use this for max bit rate Full HD movies??? XBMC...PS3 Media server and all???

For Cabinets..

I want to install a SSD or Laptop HDD for boot and 6 other HDDs inside. I need one 5.25 for my XFi I/o
and one for my sata backplane. So yes, cooling is of high importance. Air Cooling only.

Cooler Master HAF 912 Combat Cabinet with side Window With Bill & Warranty | eBay

NZXT Tempest 410 Mid Tower Steel cabinet | eBay

NZXT Phantom 410 Crafted Series Cabinet (White) | eBay

LIAN LI Lancool Dragon Lord PC-K62 Black Steel Cabinet | eBay

Antec DF-10 Mid Tower ATX Desktop Cabinet | eBay

LIAN LI Lancool PC-K59 With USB 3.0 Black Steel Cabinet | eBay

Cooler Master CM 690 II Plus Pc Gaming Computer Cabinet With USB front 3.0 x 2 | eBay

Cpu Intel G630 : Rs. 3500 approx (Would suffice an HTPC) or else go with 2120, it is twice the price and performance (but i think overkill for a htpc.)
Mobo: DH67Cl Rs. 5500 approx (USB3, HDMI, SATA 6GBps) 2 PCIE ports, 3 "legacy" PCI slots, 1 esata 3GB/s port !!
Ram: Corsair Value Select 2x2GB Rs. 1700/-
Cabinet: Check out the new Corsair Carbide 200r or else 400R is excellent. The finish and build quality is good.

Thanks man... So the mobo is enuff to drive a 24" LCD with full HD?

Can i connect this to a 32" ?? fulll HD?

Why not go with AMD A6 3650-4.5k+FM1 Mobo-4k,This combo will give you better results than Intel G630,Also you won't have to add external GPU since AMD APU is more than good enough to drive HD stuff and it beats Intel G630 hands down.For case Corsair 400R would do the job for you.
Thanks man... So the mobo is enuff to drive a 24" LCD with full HD?

Can i connect this to a 32" ?? fulll HD?

Except for a eSATA all connectivity is there from DH67CL. U sure this will be enough for my full HD needs? How big of a display this can drive?

No need of external GPU?

It's good enough for your Full HD needs,It can drive Full HD resolution or more and there is no need of external GPU,The A6 3500 has HD6530 IGP so it does the job better than Intel G630 IGP,Hope this clears stuff.
Except for a eSATA all connectivity is there from DH67CL. U sure this will be enough for my full HD needs? How big of a display this can drive?

No need of external GPU?

Thanks.

I have a doubt, Somewhere i have read that NVdia GPU's are better for media playback and all considering their CUDA architecture that is useful for CORE something codec or something like that.

Any ideas?

Back