Need a laptop for 100K

jennifer123

Disciple
Looking for a long time to buy a laptop. Sony Z series are overpirced here. Now Interested in SANY VAIO SE, but is it possible to replace the 5400RPM HDD with some 256GB SSD? Or should I wait for the Samsung Series 9 to be launched here(2012 model)?

Buy a Mac
<

No Mac, No gaming Please, Anyone here got a chance to compare XPS 15Z screen with VAIO SE' IPS Screen? How does both compare?

Even i was on the look out for screen comparison between XPS15 Full HD vs Vaio SE Full HD and i have even seen XPS 15= XPS15z screen in person and it looks great but the vaio SE has an edge as its a anti-reflective matt display and has received the score of 94 in the display department by notebookcheck.net when compared to score of 84 received by Dell XPS15 Full HD screen besides Vaio SE weighs only 2kg when compared to 2.5kg weight of XPS15z.

Another choice would be dell latitude series.

One of the best reliable laptop with three yrs warranty by default.

Super sturdy and excellent build.

Dell Latitude buddy.. You cant go wrong with it!!

15z Overheats like Crazy when loaded.. Even my 15 Gets hot soon!!

I recommend you to check Samsung Series 9 or Sony Vaio..

[quote name='babu.mohan10' timestamp='1328540692' post='1699814']
Yes the HDD can be replaced with a SSD easily

[/quote]

Can I replace it with a 2.5 inch 7200RPM DRIVE/Momentus XT without voiding the warranty?

I have one more question in mind, Do we get Touchscreen Version of Latitude 6420 in India? I checked DELL India site, but no use

If there is no warranty sticker on the HDD bay that prevents you from opening the hard drive bay cover then it won't void your warranty if you do it clean with no trace. Though still keep the standard 5400rpm HDD with you so when you take it to the service center you can put that back in just to avoid any hassles.

And I'm not sure but AFAIK there are no touchscreen models sold by Dell in India.

Also may I know for what purpose you will be using the laptop ? If you're gonna use it for professional photo editing then I will not recommend the SE. For everything else its great though.

Well if its for photo editing a FULL HD screen definitely helps but the thing with the SE IPS is that it cannot display true REDs, red seems orange-ish instead. This is an issue with all affordable IPS screen equipped notebooks including Lenovo X220 and others.

Instead look at VAIO F217. It has OCB LCD screen which is superior to IPS and it covers sRGB color gamut completely and almost 90% of Adobe RGB. You won't get a laptop with a better screen in India.

^

Samsung series 9 is low res and the screen is only above average. It does not even cover 60% of sRGB color gamut.

If you can live with the orange red issue, go ahead with the SE. Don't even think of SA35 it has a pathetic screen for photo editing.

^

Thinkpad Yoga will have a crappy screen I'm sure. Why don't you wait 2-3 months ? This is probably the worst time to buy a new laptop as Ivybridge models will be out by around April or May. Even SE successor maybe. So if you can wait, I'd say wait for the new 2012 Vaio range and also what other manufacturers bring to the table.

You can get latitude with adobe rgb screens.

So have a look their.

My latitude with six cell battery lasts me almost 6-8 hrs.

I went with 1600*900 screen and its excellent choice.

Back