Budget 90k+ Need a laptop for designing/light gaming that doesn't weigh like a brick

xerxes3117

Recruit
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD) 1 lakh INR (max 1.2 lakh if worth it)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

• Thin and Light; 14" screen

• Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen (preferred)
3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Programming:

1. Development (visual studio)

2. Design (Photoshop, adobe illustrator)
Gaming:

1. Arcade fighting games like street fighter/soul caliber

2. MMOs like Dota 2, Tera online etc
Casual:

1. Browsing and watching FHD/4K videos
5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
- Display - Good color coverage and brightness with at least 1080p
- CPU - At least i7-8550U (preferably i7-8750H)
- GPU - At least 1050 ti Max Q GPU (preferably 1060 6gb, 1070 might overkill for me)
- Weight - At most 2.4 kg
- Storage - At least 128 GB SSD (preferably NVMe) and up gradable
- RAM - At least 8 GB and up gradable to 32 GB
- Battery backup - 6-7 hours on normal usage, 2-3 hrs on gaming

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
no

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Good display, CPU and weight are my priority however i also want to be able to do some gaming with it. Also i would prefer a laptop without any keyboard issue (as i'm gonna be programming on it). Might be able to order from outside India but not before December so would prefer to buy from India.

Shortlisted :
Here's a list I made with pros and cons (in my opinion) :
Laptop list

From the above list i'm inclined towards buying these 3 laptops:

1. MSI GF63 (but not sure about this as there are not much reviews about this laptop. Also MSI support in India doesn't seem to be trustworthy)

2. Dell XPS 15 9570 (looks awesome despite heating issues but is this worth the money? Also why is this laptop imported from USA?)

3. Asus TUF FX504 GM-en017t (Great laptop all around but something seems wrong here. The model i shortlisted in above list is only available on paytmall which seems weird considering such the specs and the price)
Also this is not very urgent requirement for me. Should i wait another 1-2 months to get a better deal or a better laptop being released? (Asus Strix scar 2/hero 2 have just been released and Asus TUF FX-505 got announced )

Please help!

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD) 1 lakh INR (max 1.2 lakh if worth it)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

• Thin and Light; 14" screen

• Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen (preferred)
3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Programming:

1. Development (visual studio)

2. Design (Photoshop, adobe illustrator)
Gaming:

1. Arcade fighting games like street fighter/soul caliber

2. MMOs like Dota 2, Tera online etc
Casual:

1. Browsing and watching FHD/4K videos
5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
- Display - Good color coverage and brightness with at least 1080p
- CPU - At least i7-8550U (preferably i7-8750H)
- GPU - At least 1050 ti Max Q GPU (preferably 1060 6gb, 1070 might overkill for me)
- Weight - At most 2.4 kg
- Storage - At least 128 GB SSD (preferably NVMe) and up gradable
- RAM - At least 8 GB and up gradable to 32 GB
- Battery backup - 6-7 hours on normal usage, 2-3 hrs on gaming

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
no

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Good display, CPU and weight are my priority however i also want to be able to do some gaming with it. Also i would prefer a laptop without any keyboard issue (as i'm gonna be programming on it). Might be able to order from outside India but not before December so would prefer to buy from India.

Shortlisted :
Here's a list I made with pros and cons (in my opinion) :
Laptop list

From the above list i'm inclined towards buying these 3 laptops:

1. MSI GF63 (but not sure about this as there are not much reviews about this laptop. Also MSI support in India doesn't seem to be trustworthy)

2. Dell XPS 15 9570 (looks awesome despite heating issues but is this worth the money? Also why is this laptop imported from USA?)

3. Asus TUF FX504 GM-en017t (Great laptop all around but something seems wrong here. The model i shortlisted in above list is only available on paytmall which seems weird considering such the specs and the price)
Also this is not very urgent requirement for me. Should i wait another 1-2 months to get a better deal or a better laptop being released? (Asus Strix scar 2/hero 2 have just been released and Asus TUF FX-505 got announced )

Please help!
BTW
1 lakh INR = 1400-1500 USD[DOUBLEPOST=1536082090][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyone?

Last edited:
I got the Acer Nitro 5 - nearly is what you want and cost me some 72K. And is a bit more than 2.4kg, but does the job.

If you want lightweight, you should look at the Dell 7379 or something like - @cyberwarfare has it and its pretty good.

The Huawei MateBook X Pro is literally the exact laptop you described. The GPU will definately help you to create some glorious designing models. It is a fast machine and you might not face any find of lag or hang. You should definately buy this laptop in order to work fast.

Back