PC Peripherals Need a long lasting good quality wireless mouse

Oh okay. How come you got replacement for 3 years? Their warranty is for 1 year only.

Yes, won't get the feel from a packed product, but I am hoping they have some open ones lying around, but yes, it is unlikely. Let's see.
Or, maybe I should go to their service center where they might have these models for RMA :p
I think Logitech has been progressively reducing their warranties. I was able to do RMA for devices around the 2-year mark in the past but now all of them seem to have only 1-year warranties.

Also, "unifying ready" means it will work with a unifying receiver but will come with a standard one. The M190 is not "unifying ready" and hence works only with its own receiver.

I don't know, but my dealer told me same.. that he got it replaced from service center

Maybe warranty was more that time? Might be the case if it was a few years ago.

I think Logitech has been progressively reducing their warranties. I was able to do RMA for devices around the 2-year mark in the past but now all of them seem to have only 1-year warranties.

Yes, you are right. Few years ago, they used to give 2-3 years warranty on their products. They have reduced it to 1 year over period of time. In fact, many of the companies have reduced their warranties.

Even Seagate used to provide 3-5 years warranty on its hard drives earlier. Now, just 1 year warranty on lower end models and 2 year on higher end.

Also, "unifying ready" means it will work with a unifying receiver but will come with a standard one. The M190 is not "unifying ready" and hence works only with its own receiver.

I think unifying ready means, they might make it unifying later by firmware update?

Maybe warranty was more that time? Might be the case if it was a few years ago.

Yes, you are right. Few years ago, they used to give 2-3 years warranty on their products. They have reduced it to 1 year over period of time. In fact, many of the companies have reduced their warranties.

Even Seagate used to provide 3-5 years warranty on its hard drives earlier. Now, just 1 year warranty on lower end models and 2 year on higher end.

I think unifying ready means, they might make it unifying later by firmware update?
I don't think so. They provide the unifying receiver only with costlier products. For the slightly cheaper products, the device itself supports the unifying receiver, but they include the cheaper nano receiver. Still cheaper devices only support the nano receiver.

Connecting a Unifying-ready device to a Unifying receiver – Logitech Support + Download

I have Logitech M235 brought it from Amazon. Use it occasionally.
Logi's quality has gone down the drain in the last 2-3 years. My 2 keyboards, 3 wired mouse went kaput(left keys). Tried abusing it, family got angry. Felt bad that I couldn't abuse something brought with my own money.
Dumped logi, got hp mouse and keyboard, cost on higher side but peace of mind..

Logi's quality has gone down the drain in the last 2-3 years. My 2 keyboards, 3 wired mouse went kaput(left keys). Tried abusing it, family got angry. Felt bad that I couldn't abuse something brought with my own money.
Yes, now most of logi products (under Rs.1000/-, as I used under 1k mouse only, can't comment for above 1k mouse), hardly sustain 365 days.

I stop using logi keyboard long ago as it too, stop working after 1 yrs or start showing some weird issues.

Now using Circle Brand keyboard (3 yrs warranty) but that too, went bad after 2 yrs. but was in warranty so get it fixed (reparied by service center) and now no issue since last last 7 months.

@Tejas01 , In mouse i like logi's invisible rays +green led/light (red led light rays shoot my migraine pain)... is hp/dell provides same (invisible ray + green led/light)?

@Emperor I am afraid it does. At least with the HP mouse wired. M235 has invisible rays.
No idea about HP/Dell as I have both wired ones. But I think if you are taking any wireless peripheral(mouse, keyboard) which is more than 1000/rupees, you could get the invisible light ones, but better confirm from others.

I don't think so. They provide the unifying receiver only with costlier products. For the slightly cheaper products, the device itself supports the unifying receiver, but they include the cheaper nano receiver. Still cheaper devices only support the nano receiver.

Connecting a Unifying-ready device to a Unifying receiver – Logitech Support + Download

This is frustrating. The so called cheaper models like M331 etc, are not cheap for middle class people like me. Ideally, they should provide unifying receiver with the products, atleast for above Rs 500/-... but well, this is how it goes these days.

Agreed about the quality of Logitech products. Their products go bad or develop problems way too soon.

LOL, what kind of abuse were you doing to the products :p

Which HP mouse and keyboard models are you using? Please share so I can check them out. It is always good to know the first hand experience of any product.
Although, I am leaning towards buying Logitech mouse again... giving one more chance for the wireless mouse.

Yes, now most of logi products (under Rs.1000/-, as I used under 1k mouse only, can't comment for above 1k mouse), hardly sustain 365 days.

I stop using logi keyboard long ago as it too, stop working after 1 yrs or start showing some weird issues.

Now using Circle Brand keyboard (3 yrs warranty) but that too, went bad after 2 yrs. but was in warranty so get it fixed (reparied by service center) and now no issue since last last 7 months.

Very true. Till now, I too have bought products costing less than 1K... but lately, in the last few years, these develop problem way too soon.

I had bought the Logitech keyboard, and it developed problem with keys going bad within a very short period of time. Had it replaced... it is working fine, but the keys already started to wobble with early use. Don't feel smooth operation... they feel hard to press.
So now, I am thinking of buying a mechanical keyboard of around 2K. It will be costly, but atleast I will have years of peace. I am frustrated with the quality of normal Logitech keyboards.

I think Circle products are just medium quality? It is a fairly recent entry in to the market. Maybe comparable to Frontech.... not too good, nor too bad, LOL.

@CapriAnupam so.. finally with which model/make mouse you settled?

As you know from the other thread, I am having health issues... so not able to go out so far. I hope to go out soon in a few days, when I am strong enough, and then I will check out the models, and then decide.

@CapriAnupam
I first tried to hammer the right mouse button with my fist.
Then, when I was super angry, tried to make it work using Dhobi style thinking some misplaced wire or anything might fall back into its place.
HP mouse- HPX1000.
Dell keyboard (sorry for mistake)- KB216.
Got them in 2018, going good so far. A bit expensive but worth it for the peace of mind. By this time if I was on Logitech, I would be getting a new keyboard/mouse.

@CapriAnupam
I first tried to hammer the right mouse button with my fist.
Then, when I was super angry, tried to make it work using Dhobi style thinking some misplaced wire or anything might fall back into its place.

Haha, that's quite some abuse :p. You must be quite frustrated with the device, and understandably so.

HP mouse- HPX1000.
Dell keyboard (sorry for mistake)- KB216.
Got them in 2018, going good so far. A bit expensive but worth it for the peace of mind. By this time if I was on Logitech, I would be getting a new keyboard/mouse.

The HP mouse looks good. Its current price is Rs 349 at Amazon. Was it costlier then?
The Dell keyboard is reasonably priced. Somehow, there are three Dell KB216 showing on Amazon. Why so?

Considering that you bought these products under 1K, and they are still working well... it is really way better than buying Logitech.

I had bought an HP mouse: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0029L0IM8/ref=pe_386221_144310271_TE_item
looking to try something different than Logitech, but this HP mouse too went bad with its scroll not working. It is frustrating.

Are Dell products good? My brother had bought a Dell laptop years back. Over the years, its screen got loose, and it did not impress me much with the hardware. Although it still used to work fine OS wise. But, after that I stopped considering Dell products. Don't know if their laptops and other products have good quality or not.

It was a horrible experience.... to see that every mouse from Logi failing and that too the same right click button. At times, i doubted myself thinking am I clicking that button too hard to damage it.
Dell keyboard, this was the one I purchased.
I got it offline from a Anupam ;-) store here in Bombay. It's my goto store if I want something offline. He charges extra but atleast his products turn out to be good.
Regarding product quality, again the better the price, better the quality.
I had a dell laptop brought in 2010, Dell studio XPS 1645. It was good in every sense. It cost me 80,000. The only defect I found, was they put a Ferrari engine(i7 processor) in a Maruti 800(chassis, structure) . While the construction was rock solid, built like a tank, heavy as a tank but it couldn't handle the heat from the processor. It was a fundamental mistake from Dell. It only affected if I had to game or heavy task. Other than that, no issue. They have resolved it in the later series as processors become more efficient.
My aunt, on my recommendation, went for a Dell laptop which was relatively cheaper given her needs. Her screen would flex like a paper. Go the same issue as you mentioned, it had vertical lines on screen eventually making the screen useless. Finally got it replaced 2-3 months ago and now its good. Point is, better price gives a good product.

Since it's costing only 600 ru, it shouldn't be too much of a loss unlike in laptops where we spend a lot of money. This was my first dell keyboard and it has been doing good so far. But it's offline. Online there are chances of getting a bad product. So if you can manage one from offline, get one.
Btw, I am using same HP x1000 but 2 mice... one for desktop, one for laptop. Both wired. Felt I should clarify.

Yes, it must be really frustrating to have the same problem with every Logitech mice that you bought.

Here in my city, Indore, the hub of computer shops is quite far from my place. I did find some good rated computer shops around my area via Google. I will go to one when I feel a bit better. I intend to buy some stuff from there, like network cables, motherboard speaker, CMOS battery, etc. I will also inquire the price of mechanical keyboards, wireless mouse etc. I plan to see the mouse physically too, if possible. If the price is lower than Amazon, I might consider buying from there. That way, we support the local store too.

Once before, I had inquired the price of mouse from offline store, and the price was cheaper than online. It is better I think to get both offline and online price, and then buy from where it is lower. But yea, you have to go to the offline store for that, and shops should be good and reliable too.

Yea, the more price you pay, the better quality you get... but we have to operate within our budget, and we want to get good quality in that budget. But yea, if you are willing to invest a bit more, you might get better quality, which will last longer. Depends on the individual budget... how far can one stretch it.

It's great that you have two mouse, and both are working well. Hope they keep working well for long time.

And well, you will remember me everytime you go to that Anupam store :D.

BTW, anyone from Indore here in the forum? There was one guy long ago, but I lost touch with him. Would be great to find someone and we can discuss about the local shops.

Agreed. If the price difference is around ₹500 for a small peripheral (mouse, keyboard offline a bit expensive), it's ok to go with offline store. Another advantage is in case anything goes wrong, you can grab hold of his neck as it is within warranty. Atleast, that is how it works here.
Also, mouse, keyboard can be handled a bit rough during transit, they won't face any damage if you intend to get it online.
Hehe, yeah will definitely remember you when going to the offline store.:D
Hope you get well soon.
Tc.

Haha, that's quite some abuse :p. You must be quite frustrated with the device, and understandably so.

ith the hardware. Although it still used to work fine OS wise. But, after that I stopped considering Dell products. Don't know if their laptops and other products have good quality or not.
It happens, when we're frustated :banghead:. I too banged 2 or more of the Logitech mouse.
but still I prefer Logitech.

Get well soon.:)

It was a horrible experience.... to see that every mouse from Logi failing and that too the same right click button. At times, i doubted myself thinking am I clicking that button too hard to damage it.
wonder why you got right click trouble everytime? I enjoy the scroll wheel issue may be I scroll too much lol.
Yes, Logitech's quality deteriorated over time. It's not the same as it was 5 years back.
Now they are using some cheap quality materials for cost cutting. So below 1k range their products are substandard and so is the new name LOGI.
well it's not only Logitech same is the case with other companies too like Dell, HP, lenovo etc.
Last year I got this HP mouse for 700Rs. - https://www.flipkart.com/hp-s1000-s...CCFJ42HU9QFCU86&lid=LSTACCFJ42HU9QFCU86D52BHK
felt some cheap quality stuff and returned within 10 mins.
I even felt Logitech's M331 a bit plasticy and flimsy when compared side by side with other mouse priced at Rs. 2k or above.

Agreed. If the price difference is around ₹500 for a small peripheral (mouse, keyboard offline a bit expensive), it's ok to go with offline store. Another advantage is in case anything goes wrong, you can grab hold of his neck as it is within warranty. Atleast, that is how it works here.

Yes, that's an added advantage.
Also, mouse, keyboard can be handled a bit rough during transit, they won't face any damage if you intend to get it online.

Once I ordered a mouse from Flipkart... I think the HP one. The shop had sent the mouse in a torn packing (not the external packing... original mouse packing). Had to return it back. Don't know how shop owners can send such a package... they consider customers as fools.
Hope you get well soon.
Tc.

Thanks a lot. I am getting better with each day. Weakness is still there.
Get well soon.:)
Thanks a lot!

wonder why you got right click trouble everytime? I enjoy the scroll wheel issue may be I scroll too much lol.

I get the scroll button problem because I use it a lot to open links in a new tab.
Yes, Logitech's quality deteriorated over time. It's not the same as it was 5 years back.
Now they are using some cheap quality materials for cost cutting. So below 1k range their products are substandard and so is the new name LOGI.
well it's not only Logitech same is the case with other companies too like Dell, HP, lenovo etc.
Last year I got this HP mouse for 700Rs. - https://www.flipkart.com/hp-s1000-s...CCFJ42HU9QFCU86&lid=LSTACCFJ42HU9QFCU86D52BHK
felt some cheap quality stuff and returned within 10 mins.

Yes, these companies are using low quality materials for their cheaper products... otherwise products in this low price range used to be of much better quality... used to last atleast more than 2-3 years or so. Nowadays, you are lucky if it lasts even the warranty period.
I even felt Logitech's M331 a bit plasticy and flimsy when compared side by side with other mouse priced at Rs. 2k or above.

Using logitech m331 silent past 7-8 months, I've used other cheap mice before but the grip on this one is great, also size wise not to small or big.

LOL, I keep getting confused with such different experiences. Reading Nitendra's reply, I had almost made up my mind to buy the Logitech M190, but reading Mitesh's reply, I am again confused :D. Really, I do need to see the mice physically for myself.

Thanks a lot for the feedback though guys, much appreciated.

I know you asked for mouse suggestion, but you know what is great for browsing, watching movies n stuff, an air remote like this -

I bought this same model but the company name was different, I just sit in laid back position, and do all casual browsing, movies, youtube stuff with this. N while productive work I use mouse, Watching me two of my friends bought the same device, they're enjoying it too... Just a suggestion.

I know you asked for mouse suggestion, but you know what is great for browsing, watching movies n stuff, an air remote like this -

I bought this same model but the company name was different, I just sit in laid back position, and do all casual browsing, movies, youtube stuff with this. N while productive work I use mouse, Watching me two of my friends bought the same device, they're enjoying it too... Just a suggestion.

Thanks for the suggestion. I do not need this right now, but I will keep the suggestion in mind. Looks interesting.

This reminds of the small remote that came with the Dell laptop that my brother bought. The remote was used for controlling multimedia. It was quite convenient to operate the media while laying and watching movies.

Hey... Forgot to mention the price. Yeah, both the HP mice I think I got it for around ₹340-350.
@CapriAnupam

For such a low price, if both the mouse are working well... it is really great.

HP laptops have great build quality.

Back