Laptops Need a Monster

pradeepg

Disciple
I do a lot of photoshop and aftereffects... i need a monster of a laptop.. the total budget i am willing to put is 45k.. i dont mind buying used stuff if the deals good.. been witnessing few auctions on ebay for MBP but cudnt make up my mind about the deal.. there are hell lot of models out there on ebay.com and even amazon has few used stuff... but i am not getting any clue to which model is better..
Please help..
frustrated human.

First of all, are you in US or do you have anyone in US who can carry it for you? If neither, dont bother looking for eBay.com/Amazon deals. As customs+international shipping will kill whatever kickass deal you are getting. Macbooks normally have high resale value, so getting a used one might not be that much of a deal. If you are looking for macbooks only, cheapest which can get the work done would be Macbook Air 13 128GB Late 2013. Its no monster but will cost you min Rs 65k depending on the discounts. If you consider laptops too, Lenovo Y510p is the first thing which comes to my mind. Its certainly deserves the monster tag and it costs around Rs 70k. Since your budget is 45k, I would suggest either to negotiate a bit on processing power and go for cheaper laptops or stretch your budget.

If you use a lot of photoshop or aftereffect, why not buy a workstation instead? Workstations are equiped with Nvidia Quadro processors and is the optimum beasts capable of running the best with your requirements. For reference, MSI does have workstations (http://workstations.msi.com/main/product/GT60-0NG.html) It might not be around your budget, BUT performance wise, this is the REAL deal.

Back