Need a mp3 player asap.

OMG bf1983! You're psychic! I was just going to post about the transcend. A 1gb pen drive, with mp3 and FM, for around 4K! If the sound quality is ok, I'll go for it!

Well I bought a Transcend 128 Mb pen drive a little over a year ago on Apollyon's recommendation.

Since it was 'cheap' at 3.3k, I thought the earphones would be pathetic and so I spent 600 bucks on a pair of Sony earphones.

The transcend earphones were soo good, I have never used those Sony earphones since I bought them. Now however that *&####&^@#@ Plug and Play shop lost my earphones and I have to revert back to the sony earphones which are not bad by the way. So since this is a better model, I can only imagine that the sound has improved or at least stayed the same.

Also forgot to mention that Transcend has a 2 year warranty. And the battery is a rechargable Lithium Polymer which should have good bat life thanks to the OLED display.

I bought a Sandisk Sansa m230 in the US during the thanksgiving period for ........ hold your breath ...... $48. That was just Rs 2100 or so. Has 512 MB mem. Great sound with original earphones. The offer was withdrawn in a couple of days and it was back to $79. So useless for you Zhop and anyway it was in the US.

More to the point, a friend of mine bought a YES with 128 MB built in and ability to accept MMC from Alpha for about Rs 2400. Says it sounds great.

About Transcend, hope you are aware that the cheaper model of Transcend comes without the LCD.

Ya, I think the transcend is the best. But right now I'm thinking of buying some good ram, so might not have cash for the mp3 player.

Back