Need a New phone for 16K

pavankumar14

Disciple
1. Q: Budget?
A: 16K Max

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Dislike Samsung, Spice etc for their design and build

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen (capacitive only)

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: 5MP + Flash

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android 2.3

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G/Wifi/GPS

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Browsing, multimedia, Applications. Expecting good battery back up.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: 3.2" screen or more and Build Quality should be good.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Zeroed in on HTC Salsa(Not a FB Fan though), Have got good reviews from HTC Users and I'm ok with 252K color screen.

Any other Suggestions ?

Hades. said:
Checkout this link : [ANSWER] Does my Defy have a RED or a Green lens? - xda-developers

See if you would buy from letsbuy or from any retail store you would get a green lense defy only... I've heard that a red lense defy produces better quality pictures plus the size of images taken from a red lense defy would be in MBs not in KBs...

Yes.Red lens gives pics from 1-2 Mb and Green gives less than 1Mb....

But the main problem is with the custom roms.

Red can be upgraded to 720p but green cant be,i think u'll already be knowing that :)

But nowadays some people are saying that the colour doesnt matter.

Even Green Lenses can provide larger than 1mb pics and can be upgraded to 720p if they have the Bayer module.

So its pure luck.

I got a green, SOC :mad:

Well Defy seems to be best bet but if you can find a good deal on HTC Desire like few days back it was available for nearly 15k on saholic.com, if u search hard and be patient may be you can get it for that price, it retails around 18k. If not get the Defy eyes closed.

Hey guys..

Thank you for all your valuable suggestions. I bought the HTC Salsa(kind of an impluse buy).

I had Sony Ericsson Pro in my mind, but didnt like the very tiny screen, Motorola.. didnt like the design.
paid 15250/- and purchased it from sangeetha mobiles in bangalore.

Well, all i can say is the build quality is awesome and there's always the premium feel that you have when you hold this phone.
Battery backup is nice, actually. Have been doing endurance tests from a week :p, so far, satisfied with every bit of it.
Display is crisp, clear and neat. its more than enough.

As for the FB button... havent found a use for it yet :D.. am out of facebook for the time being.

The only downside that i can see in this phone is the music capability, its not that good. Well, there are new phone being rolled out by HTC for music lovers, hoping for a big improvement from HTC!

Well, once again, Thank you for all your valuable suggestions and responses. Greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.. Yes, could have got it for less online.... but i couldnt stand the excitement of an android phone and was already very fed up of my nokia X3-02 badly and wanted it immediately.

A tip for nokia x3-02 buyers : man... the phone sucks awesomely!

Back