Budget 15-20K Need a phone for emulation want to play dophin citra yuzu and aether emulators would want something that can handle all them without any lags

1. Budget?
A: INR 21k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 6", IPS LCD/AMOLED, FHD and above

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, etc).
A: Android 11 and above

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 5g preferred

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. Should have good service network

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A:Gaming emulation

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New used dont care as long as my purpose is met. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup, 128 gb minium internal and snapdragon 888 and above cpu as my need is gaming and snapdragon are best for gaming as i have read

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Xiaomi mi 11t pro and mi 11x pro

If your primary use is for emulation and you don't require mobile phone features, I strongly suggest a dedicated emulation handheld. These devices typically offer superior controls and longer battery life.

Additionally, if you're planning to emulate advanced systems like GameCube or PS2 only occasionally, you might not need a high-end processor like the Snapdragon 888. So, I'm curious, OP - which gaming systems are you aiming to emulate primarily? Phones in 21k might not do Citra, Dolphin or AetherSX2 very well beyond 1x resolution.

Furthermore, will your usage be limited to emulation, or are you also interested in playing native Android games? If you're into Android games, please share which ones you're particularly keen on.

Last edited:
Focused on emulation side of things need a new phone so may as well buy something powerfull yuzu and dolphin and vita3k are the one i wish to try 21k sure is less for new so i am looking at used market seen phone on cashify that have both 888 and 870 available at my budget but all i want is no stutters at emulation like i get one my lg g8x it just spoils the experience so i was hoping someone that owns phone with these processor do they work lag free at 2x res and i have no interest in mobile games emulation is what im searching for could you guide me willing to go a little higher maybe 2k more but thats all i can pay

Focused on emulation side of things need a new phone so may as well buy something powerfull yuzu and dolphin and vita3k are the one i wish to try 21k sure is less for new so i am looking at used market seen phone on cashify that have both 888 and 870 available at my budget but all i want is no stutters at emulation like i get one my lg g8x it just spoils the experience so i was hoping someone that owns phone with these processor do they work lag free at 2x res and i have no interest in mobile games emulation is what im searching for could you guide me willing to go a little higher maybe 2k more but thats all i can pay

In this scenario, finding the best possible option within your budget is key. Given that you're considering used devices, your choices will be limited. I recommend selecting the "best" phone you come across without getting too caught up in the exact specifications - focus instead on decent capabilities and overall condition. No phone will handle every emulation perfectly. Evaluate critical features like screen quality, general processor performance, battery, and audio to determine if a used phone meets your needs at the right price point. You'll also have to budget for a compatible controller. Another option is to forego a phone upgrade and buy a dedicated emulation handheld. Either way, your choices involve some trade-offs. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Back