Budget 25-30k Need a phone under 30k

My 6 yr old poco f1 got stolen so i need a new phone and no phone existing can match the price and specs so i would like some suggestions. I am a casual gamer genshin probably everyday for half to one hour. A good camera is always a flex, am a bit confused about the existing options in this price range as there are so many. Thanks in advance!
Phones advised by others :- s21fe, a refurbished i phone 12/13 , moto edge 50 pro , one plus nord ce 4

Is Moto putting the Glance stuff on Edge series phones? I got that on a G32 I bought for someone else. I shook my faith in them tbh, it can only go downhill from here. Nothing is the only company safe from that now I guess.
As far as I know, there's no bloatware in moto edge 50 pro and even if there was, you could just de-bloat them.

Comparatively, Moto edge 50 pro is a better choice when compared with the nothing 2a in terms of processor and front camera. Additionally, the moto has 3.1 USB while the nothing 2a is equipped with a 2.0

Here's an unpopular opinion : Poco X6 Pro. You could get the 12GB RAM variant for 27.5K at flipkart. In terms of performance, it beats every other phone in this segment by a landslide. Just don't expect to be able to flex with the cameras though. One major annoyance is Xiaomi's Hyper OS and it's usual crap-ton of bloat. If you are willing to spend half a day tweaking and removing all those unnecessary stuff, you'll be left with a snappy device. Also, if you are concerned about privacy, use a firewall to block everything except the essential services and the apps that you would use. If you can't afford to lose too much time setting up the device and want a great out of the box experience without compromising your privacy, go for Moto edge 50 pro as suggested by the people above.

Poco X6 pro is the performance king under 30k right now as the SoC is just slightly inferior to 8+ Gen 1 CPU wise & GPU wise while being significantly better than 7 Gen 3. Cons are that OS updates are slow & cameras aren't the best under 30k (Moto Edge 50 Pro is better camera-wise just a slower SoC, best cams should be S21FE & Pixels but those have perf & battery woes).

Avoid phones with flagship SoCs made at Samsung fab, like exynos, tensor, S888/888+, 8 Gen 1 (not 8+ Gen 1 as that's TSMC), etc. These throttle a lot under heavy load like gaming & have poor efficiency in general, so lower battery life as well.

If you can stretch your budget, get iQoo Neo 9 pro at 35k. It has 8 Gen 2 which will be pretty good in terms of performance for gaming. Cameras are decent as well. It will get just 2 OS updates but BBK is faster in rolling out updates vs Xioami & Moto.

Poco X6 pro is the performance king under 30k right now as the SoC is just slightly inferior to 8+ Gen 1 CPU wise & GPU wise while being significantly better than 7 Gen 3. Cons are that OS updates are slow & cameras aren't the best under 30k (Moto Edge 50 Pro is better camera-wise just a slower SoC, best cams should be S21FE & Pixels but those have perf & battery woes).

Avoid phones with flagship SoCs made at Samsung fab, like exynos, tensor, S888/888+, 8 Gen 1 (not 8+ Gen 1 as that's TSMC), etc. These throttle a lot under heavy load like gaming & have poor efficiency in general, so lower battery life as well.

If you can stretch your budget, get iQoo Neo 9 pro at 35k. It has 8 Gen 2 which will be pretty good in terms of performance for gaming. Cameras are decent as well. It will get just 2 OS updates but BBK is faster in rolling out updates vs Xioami & Moto.
how about nord 3 or nord ce4..

Here's an unpopular opinion : Poco X6 Pro. You could get the 12GB RAM variant for 27.5K at flipkart. In terms of performance, it beats every other phone in this segment by a landslide. Just don't expect to be able to flex with the cameras though. One major annoyance is Xiaomi's Hyper OS and it's usual crap-ton of bloat. If you are willing to spend half a day tweaking and removing all those unnecessary stuff, you'll be left with a snappy device. Also, if you are concerned about privacy, use a firewall to block everything except the essential services and the apps that you would use. If you can't afford to lose too much time setting up the device and want a great out of the box experience without compromising your privacy, go for Moto edge 50 pro as suggested by the people above.
my f1 lasted so long that am out of knowledge about the mobile market but i have heard poco has been suffering from motherboard issues

also oneplus 12r is a competitor on the budget the iqoo phone comes at

my f1 lasted so long that am out of knowledge about the mobile market but i have heard poco has been suffering from motherboard issues
Those issues were prevalent in Poco X3 series devices. In those devices, Xiaomi used package on package (PoP) method to place and solder the RAM on top of the CPU. But due to poor quality of the solder paste used to hold the CPU and RAM modules together, at high temperatures, there was high chance of the RAM module's solder pins loosening up and losing contact with the CPU. This resulted in dead devices as the RAM did not get detected. But since then, Xiaomi has gotten their act together and this issue hasn't been reported in their Poco 4/5 series phones.

Last edited by a moderator:
12R is 3-4k more expensive vs iQoo. You get an additional OS update for that money but not sure if OP can extend their budget.

Anyways, right now OP should wait for summer sale deals, it starts in a week.
iqoo has funtouch os .. again not so updated on the mobile market but ive heard it has some difficulties.
yeah we cant get everything , but need a phone who's value for money like the F1

iqoo has funtouch os .. again not so updated on the mobile market but ive heard it has some difficulties.
yeah we cant get everything , but need a phone who's value for money like the F1
Funtouch OS of vivo & iqoo are not much different from color OS of oppo or its modded version used by OP & Realme.

My ranking list of android UIs will be like this:

Samsung > Nothing > Pixel's stock android > BBK's UIs > Moto's stock UI > Xiaomi's UI >> Everything else

Pixel provides the fastest updates but it is too barebones for my liking, lacks features that custom UIs had for a while. Samsung & Pixel provide the longest software support (7 years for flagships, 4 OS updates for mid range is something that flagships for other brands barely outperform). BBK's UIs are ok (vivo, oppo, OP, iqoo, realme). Moto & Xiaomi are too slow in providing updates & Xiaomi's UI has just fallen behind now in terms of smoothness (I heard Hyper OS is not a big improvement over MIUI but I hope they improve).

Funtouch OS of vivo & iqoo are not much different from color OS of oppo or its modded version used by OP & Realme.

My ranking list of android UIs will be like this:

Samsung > Nothing > Pixel's stock android > BBK's UIs > Moto's stock UI > Xiaomi's UI >> Everything else

Pixel provides the fastest updates but it is too barebones for my liking, lacks features that custom UIs had for a while. Samsung & Pixel provide the longest software support (7 years for flagships, 4 OS updates for mid range is something that flagships for other brands barely outperform). BBK's UIs are ok (vivo, oppo, OP, iqoo, realme). Moto & Xiaomi are too slow in providing updates & Xiaomi's UI has just fallen behind now in terms of smoothness (I heard Hyper OS is not a big improvement over MIUI but I hope they improve).
samsung is very preferrable but my brother had a m51 and it lags so much and it has been frequently visiting the service centre due to battery and charging issues.. as of now if am allowed to go beyond 30k i might choose one of iqoo neo9 pro , NP2, one plus 12r.

or the nord ce4 if below 30k.

though please provide some samsung suggestions for 35K+ budget

samsung is very preferrable but my brother had a m51 and it lags so much and it has been frequently visiting the service centre due to battery and charging issues.. as of now if am allowed to go beyond 30k i might choose one of iqoo neo9 pro , NP2, one plus 12r.

or the nord ce4 if below 30k.

though please provide some samsung suggestions for 35K+ budget
No suggestion in Samsung because of poor SoC. I expect S23 to be 40k in Oct during pre Diwali sale.

Else iQoo Neo 9 pro is good at 35k, wait till Friday if you can for summer sale.

No suggestion in Samsung because of poor SoC. I expect S23 to be 40k in Oct during pre Diwali sale.

Else iQoo Neo 9 pro is good at 35k, wait till Friday if you can for summer sale.
i wish i could wait too as without a phone its being difficult for me to function day to day tasks.. i will wait for the summer sale
also NP2 is also in the same budget range is iqoo better than it in general or should i prefer NP2 for the software

What's BBK?

1714310918036.png

i wish i could wait too as without a phone its being difficult for me to function day to day tasks.. i will wait for the summer sale
also NP2 is also in the same budget range is iqoo better than it in general or should i prefer NP2 for the software
Depends on the price but your call on NP2 vs iQoo - both have their pros & cons, latter will be noticeably better for games like Genshin

Back