Need a Proxy

Rave

ex-Mod
I need a proxy software, prefrbly a GUI one where you can controll the bandwith flow, the ports enabled and as such

want to install it at my cable operator's place myself and open all the ports for my ip address :D and maybe increase the bandwith a bit ;)

help me out here :)

i tried tor, but well, didnt have what i wanted or alteast i didnt see it.. any other simpler ones preferd coz my lame operator has to use it too, hehehe...

Sree he is not searching for those anonymous proxies yaar nor the proxy lists which you find lying everywhere around the internet.

@Rave
I'm not not sure of this so dont take my word for it.Used Wingate for my internal LAN.Worked like a charm.But the situation is different here,its a ISP's network.Would be worth a check.
Code:
WinGate allows you to:

* Provide secure and managed Internet access for your entire network via a single or multiple shared internet connections
    * Enforce advanced and flexible access-control and acceptable use policies
    * Monitor usage in real time, and maintain per-user and per-service audit logs.
    * Stop viruses, spam and inappropriate content from entering your network
    * Provide comprehensive internet and intranet email services.
    * Protect your servers from internal or external threats.
    * Improve network performance and responsiveness with web and DNS caching
    * Ease administration burdens on your internal networks.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, now ill read through a cople of manuals and stuff and then select one final one, thanks all for the info :D
and one more thing, can anyone tell me how to enable port forwarding?

his pc is set up like this

server has two lan cards, one connects to iqura directly and other is for local LAN (192.168.0.xxx) i cant bridge the two cos its giving me some errors and stuff, so is there an option of port fwding in the tcp/ip settings or somewhere?

What more info or manuals do you need apart from those present at the site of the mentioned proxy solutions?
As far as port forwarding is concerned which OS is he on? I'm quite familiar with port forwarding in the case of plain simple vanilla routers or even the Cisco series of low & mid level routers.The OS on which he is on will determine whether or not its possible to forward ports.

hes using windows 03.. lemme know if it can be done..

What more info or manuals do you need apart from those present at the site of the mentioned proxy solutions?

thats what i ment, the manuals of the same software that are available online, kind of the read me files.. hehe

Back