Need A Smartphone For 15-16K

starbearer

Disciple
I've A Budget Of About 16K.Which SmartPhone Should I Go For.I Particularly Like The HTC Wildfire,But I'm Open To Other Options.
Any Insight Would Be Appreciated,Thanks.

Wave prices will be soon down. In the above budget you can choose, X6, Xperia 10mini PRO, C6, HTC Wildfire. Maybe after Diwali the N8 will reach @ 18k in grey market wait for that. OR increase your budget and go for Milestone.

1. Samsung Wave (hard to find these days)
2. Nokia X6 (total VFM)
3. Samsung Galaxy 5.

HTC wildfire is okay phone that suffers from poor display resolution. won't recommend this.

Had a chance to use the Wave at Croma and the Bada OS seems to be very good. The UI is extremely intuitive and the cap. touch-screen response is as good as the one on the iPhone if not better. The accelerometer response is awesome. The screen quality is kickass. It was playing an mkv file if IIRC. Pretty good smartphone for 17k odd.

Forgot to add, the build quality was way better than what it is on the Galaxy S and Spica.

^^Not good in terms of OS? U kidding? The only factor against it is that its relatively new with not too many apps backing it up. I am pretty sure things will change soon. Sales have been good for the wave, and with new fones launching soon, Bada looks future perfect to me.

desiibond said:
1. Samsung Wave (hard to find these days)

2. Nokia X6 (total VFM)

3. Samsung Galaxy 5.

HTC wildfire is okay phone that suffers from poor display resolution. won't recommend this.
Galaxy 3 is better than both #2 and #3 options. Is there a particular reason you suggest Galaxy 5 and not 3? 5 is inferior compared to 3 in every sense.

Hardware wise, Wave is better but both quantity and quality of Bada apps is pathetic and cant hold a candle to Android. Galaxy 3 retails for less than 12k and is FroYo upgradable. Wave is best only if you need a 'multimedia' phone as it barely qualifies as a 'smartphone'.

Problems with Bada OS? I am using the wave myself n till date i had none. The only problem with it is when people compare it to androids and ios. BAda is an infant compared to these. Remember the time when android came out? Ppl speculated it wont hold a candle to Apple. What happened next is for you all to see.

Let a few more phones join the Bada brigade and I am pretty sure apps will follow as well.

better wait for NOKIA C6-01................. as i am desperately waiting for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! data sheet is attached!!!!!!!!![attachment=6533:11994.attach]

Attachments

• nokiac601datasheet.jpg
    nokiac601datasheet.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 373
hide0us said:
Problems with Bada OS? I am using the wave myself n till date i had none. The only problem with it is when people compare it to androids and ios. BAda is an infant compared to these. Remember the time when android came out? Ppl speculated it wont hold a candle to Apple. What happened next is for you all to see.

Let a few more phones join the Bada brigade and I am pretty sure apps will follow as well.

And by the time he 'waits', if at all, Wave will already be outdated. If someone wants tremendous amount of free n fascinating apps, AT PRESENT, then Wave of course isn't worth a dime.

Back