Need a suggestion for a laptop of upto 50k

lm10

Recruit
I am planning to buy a laptop for college work and moderate gaming. One of my main requirements is that the laptop should last me for around 3-4 years, which would include the years I take to finish my degree course and my master's.

I am currently enrolled in a BE course, and my college work includes mini projects and the like. Also, next year I'll be having my final year project. Since my college is in the suburbs of Mumbai, I have to commute for 1-1.5 hours either way, and the laptop should be portable as well.

Taking all these requirements into consideration, I have zeroed in on the Acer TimelineX 4820TG. It's specs are:

14" screen, 1.1"thick, 2.2lbs (hence more portable)
500GB HDD
Intel Core i5-430m 2.26 GHz with Turbo boost of upto 2.53 GHz
Radeon HD5650 1GB :)D :D)
Switchable graphics

I want to know if this is a good choice, and also how much it would cost if I bought it from an electronics hub like Lamington Road. Any alternatives would be welcome as well. However, I have a strict dislike for HP products and I would also not consider a VAIO.

The specs you have mentioned are very good along with a light weight package of 2.2 lbs in a 14 inch size which completely fits your portability criteria. I am not from bombay and cant tell much about lammington road. Why dont you ask this question in lamington road thread??

Back