Budget 51-70k Need a vfm laptop

So just buy a balanced laptop.

Because in any case there resale value is very poor and new tech just keep coming.
Balanced laptop as in? He won't be playing any new game, just gta v like an hour or two max. I am sure that he won't play that either. Why is he after a laptop with a gpu is beyond me because he will never be using it to the max.

Minus the gpu but with all the specs as mentioned in the first post, can you please suggest a good laptop for daily requirements? I am planning to get one for someone at my place.

I would suggest giving priority to getting the best GPU for the budget on that laptop
As that's the first thing that's gonna hamper future gaming performance
Go for 3050 and above
Dnt even think of getting the older 1650-1650ti
Keep in mind that th 4gb of vram can be a huge limitation in AAA titles

Balanced laptop as in? He won't be playing any new game, just gta v like an hour or two max. I am sure that he won't play that either. Why is he after a laptop with a gpu is beyond me because he will never be using it to the max.

Minus the gpu but with all the specs as mentioned in the first post, can you please suggest a good laptop for daily requirements? I am planning to get one for someone at my place.
Check tp one reputed member @prime is selling HP victus laptop with decent specs and easily upgradeable .

Fits your budget and you can discuss further the seller .

Otherwise plenty of options given to you already by many members here.

If my requirement is very casual gaming and mostly daily work I would have not spent more than 50k on a laptop.

But I also agree with @Afrin101 about going for 3050 if want little futureproof for gaming.
You don't want to regret incase gtaVI comes out and your card is really struggling.

With 3050 you can atleast play medium in upcoming games and with dlss get a good fps boost too .

It's not A great card( specially laptop ones) but it will atleast fill the gap between past and near future to some extent .

Can you share the links of the plastic tools about which you are talking about?
https://www.amazon.in/Techtest-Precision-Screwdriver-Electronic-Universal/dp/B07RBFNGNZ/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=laptop+opening+tool+kit&qid=1651040546&sprefix=laptop+opening,aps,390&sr=8-8 i use the plastic guitar pick types ones to open mine.
Atleast 1 tb of space is needed in the laptop, is that hp laptop having a slot for the hdd or just for the nvme? How much is the average price for a nvme? Dont necessarily need the fastest one, even a normal one would be okay. Does it void the warranty if a nvme is added in the warranty period? I have heard that some oem's void the warranty and have even stickers pasted which tells them if the laptop is opened or not? Is the ram soldered in this laptop or any other issues that needs to be known beforehand?
hp laptop has slot for hdd,along side m.2 drives that supports nvme. No warranty is not void if you add a m.2 drive or additional ram to the laptop. No stickers on hp latops or lenovo for that matter.
Tried in 2 big cities in Punjab, in almost all the major pc shops. No one has 1650ti here just a 1650 with 4600h and that too with a ssd and no hdd slot.
Amazon,croma,reliance digital etc. Small shops i have seen always try to fleece the customer. You need to check the model no then go on the manufacturer's website and check the specifications page or the repair manual.
Lenovo is also having soldered ram's? I thought that is the issue with Acer laptop's only?
These laptop's don't have soldered ram's, right? https://techenclave.com/threads/need-a-vfm-laptop.205181/post-2358799
Some have soldered rams some dont in lenovo.
Check tp one reputed member @prime is selling HP victus laptop with decent specs and easily upgradeable .

If my requirement is very casual gaming and mostly daily work I would have not spent more than 50k on a laptop.

But I also agree with @Afrin101 about going for 3050 if want little futureproof for gaming.
You don't want to regret incase gtaVI comes out and your card is really struggling.

With 3050 you can atleast play medium in upcoming games and with dlss get a good fps boost too .

It's not A great card( specially laptop ones) but it will atleast fill the gap between past and near future to some extent .
a 3050ti laptop is going for the price of 3050 one. https://www.amazon.in/HP-16-1-inch-Micro-Edge-Anti-Glare-16-e0350ax/dp/B09RX2S3C8/ref=sr_1_4?crid=X7JS91AHSHLT&keywords=hp+victus+3050ti&qid=1651040694&sprefix=hp+victus+3050+ti,aps,263&sr=8-4&th=1
+ additional cc discounts only has nvme drive though, check with hp for hdd slot

Can you share the link for prime's victus thread?
Wait GTA VI will run fine in 3050? Isn't that like still 2 years away?

Back