Need a wireless router for cable internet

Router will be placed in one corner room in ground floor and want it to be accessible in 1 st floor mostly every where.
Put up a floor plan.[DOUBLEPOST=1374079734][/DOUBLEPOST]
30 ft in distance horizontally from where the router will be placed and vertically 14 ft. Resultant distance max 35 to 40ft is required.

2 wall max of 5 inch. my concern is to be able to access at different floor for which the wave needs to go through concrete roof.

I think the N13 should cover this but a floor plan would confirm it.

a single router covering 2 floors will be too pricey also questionable performance. Thinking of a router in ground floor and wireless access point/another router in first floor. What do u think about it?

Is there some reason you do not want to put up a floor plan ?

Just draw the layout and indicate distances so we know how far router is from various listening points.

Finalized on 2 routers,
1. Cisco Linksys E900
2. TP-LINK TL-WR740N

Need to decide any one among these.
Another on my mind is Netgear N300 JWNR2000.

Any preference??

thanks for ur suggestion, my requirement is good range to cover 2 small floors, not required that much features as N13U got. If wi-fi performance-wise N13U better than E900 then will go for N13U.
Which router you have bought? Is it your router covers your range(2 floor)? & how abt the performance(speed).
I am also planning to buy a similar router which is of same range(2 floor)...

I was thinking of e900 but went for tp link 740n instead. Let's hope for good results over the time. As of now I am happy with it. Range is good everywhere. May not be full but accessible somehow. Don't know if other n13 or e900 wud be better!
Thanks everyone for ur valuable suggestions.

Back