need a wireless router...

pradeepg

Disciple
i need a low entry level wireless router through which i can limit my sharing speed to different users... near my place i can find lot of belkin.. but i have no idea about tech specification.. and wat should i look for before buying.. can anyone please suggest some brand+model.............

If you want other people to help you , then you need to help them by providing more information such as budget, specific features, range requirements, brand preferences and such.

i need a low entry level wireless router through which i can limit my sharing speed to different users... near my place i can find lot of belkin.. but i have no idea about tech specification.. and wat should i look for before buying.. can anyone please suggest some brand+model.............

It comes under QoS (Quality of Service). Most of the routers support them, but you won't be able to get them so easily (or make them work) in el-cheapo ones, so get the one which allows configuration of QoS efficiently. Some Asus router come with predefined profiles of QoS, you can have a look at them. Also look for "tomato" support for the routers as they're touted to enhance QoS support significantly. Budget for router?

If you want other people to help you , then you need to help them by providing more information such as budget, specific features, range requirements, brand preferences and such.

You better read the OP again and reply in a more decent way.

Back