Need Advice For A Gaming Rig Under 45k

i_rock098

Adept
Hello Friends, i need your advice to build up a gaming rig for under 45k, i am a noob at building up a PC and this would be my first self build PC, here is what i have in mind,

1) What is your budget?
A. Under 45k

2) What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
A. It will be a new PC

3) Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
A.

Processor- Intel Core i5 2400 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.4GHz Turbo Boost)
Motherboard- GIGABYTE GA-H67M-D2-B3 or MSI H67MA-E35 (B3)
Ram- CORSAIR 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM or CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM
Cabinate- Cooler Master Elite 310 Cabinet
PSU- CORSAIR GS600 Gaming Series 600W or CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX
Monitor- Benq G2220HD
Card- MSI R6850 Cyclone 1GD5 Power Edition 9500
HDD- Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA 7200.12 SATA 3Gbs
DVD- Sony 24X Internal Sata High Speed DVD RW
KB/M- Razer Cyclosa Bundle
Mousepad- RANTOPAD H1

4) Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
A. Yes this will be the final config

5) What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
A. It is manly for gaming

6) Where will you buy this hardware?
A. Locally Mumbai

7) Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market.
A. NO

8) Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
A. not at all, anything which is value for money is good.

9) If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
A. BFBC2, Crysis, Crysis 2, COD MW2, COD BO, GTA IV, The Witcher 2

10) What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
A. Gaming 1920x1080
Normal Dose not matter

11) Are you looking to overclock?
A. NO

12) Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
A. Windows 7 64-bit

i am not going to overclock anything, it will be running in stock.
what do you guys think of the config?, it is just what i got up from my friends, do you think i could replace one or more components with a better one?
Thank You all in advice for all your help. :)

Core i5 2400 ~ 9000/-

ASUS P8H67-M B3 ~ 7000/- TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!ASUS P8H67-M B3 Revision LGA 1155 Intel H67 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

G.Skill TRIDENT 1600MHz CL-9 2 x 2GB ~ 3000/-

NZXT Tempest EVO ~ 2100/- + 2x 120mm Cooler Master R4 (LED) fans ~ 600/-

AMD HD 6870 ~ 11000/- OR nVidia GTX 560 Ti ~ 13000/-

Benq E2220HD ~ 8500/-

Cooler Master Real Power Pro M600 ~ 6000/-

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB ~ 2700/-

Samsung / LG OEM DVD drive ~ 1000/-

Razer Cyclosa gaming kit ~ 2500/-

Rantopad H3 / H1 ~ 400/-

APC BR 650VA-IN (UPS) ~ 2600/-

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit ~ 5900/- Windows 7, Microsoft Windows 7, Buy Windows 7 Online at Microsoft Store

This will be my recommended system. Hope this helps, the Windows original copy is worth it so STOP Piracy, start supporting ORIGINAL software.

Thank for the config mate :)
do you think i should go for the cheeper GIGABYTE GA-H67M-D2-B3 instead of ASUS P8H67-M B3?
and maybe to save cost i could settle for 6850 instead of 6870?,
thanks a lot for a good cabby though, was looking for a good one 310 was not soo good.
rest all look good

Processor Intel Core i5 2400 9300

Motherboard Intel DH67BL (B3) 5200

RAM Corsair Value DDR3 1333MHz CL9 2x2GB 1800

GPU MSI HD6850 Cyclone PE/OC 9500

HDD Seagate 7200.12 1TB 2700

Cabinet NZXT Gamma 2100

Monitor BenQ G2220HD 7400

PSU Seasonic S12II 430w 3000

Keyboard Logitech MMKB 400

Mouse Razer Deathadder 2100

Mousepad Razer Goliathus Speed Edition Omega 500

Speakers Altec Lansing VS2621 1500

DVD Writer Samsung 950

Total 46450

@Hades, yeah that looks good, but i have heard that intel mobo are not that good, + is a 430W PSU enough to run the MSI HD6850 Cyclone PE?

No its not that... Intel boards are pretty reliable too... And the board that i have suggested offers features which other boards dont provide at the same price range... For eg 4 ram slots, Efi Bios etc etc

And yes the Seasonic S12II 430W is enough for hd6850

Oh, k, thanks for clearing my doubt on the motherboard,

and for the card, should i stick with MSI Radeon HD 6850 1GB Cyclone or go for Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 - 1GB Toxic Edition,

both of them are factory overclocked right?, but the MSI one is cooler, which do you think i should go with?

Thanks.

^^ Sapphire version is better, but yes the MSi one stays cooler. In the end I'll say upto you. Though Sapphire has better build quality than MSi.

Why don't you look at incorporating a AMD HD 6870 / nVidia GTX 560 Ti in your RIG if it is possible.

i_rock098 said:
Thank for the config mate :)

do you think i should go for the cheeper GIGABYTE GA-H67M-D2-B3 instead of ASUS P8H67-M B3?

and maybe to save cost i could settle for 6850 instead of 6870?,

thanks a lot for a good cabby though, was looking for a good one 310 was not soo good.

rest all look good

Go for the Gigabyte model if it is available but more importantly, due to only two RAM slots get Corsair XMS3 1600MHz CL-9 4GB x 1 stick. Hope this solves your query.

ALPHA17 said:
^^ Sapphire version is better, but yes the MSi one stays cooler. In the end I'll say upto you. Though Sapphire has better build quality than MSi.

Why don't you look at incorporating a AMD HD 6870 / nVidia GTX 560 Ti in your RIG if it is possible.

Go for the Gigabyte model if it is available but more importantly, due to only two RAM slots get Corsair XMS3 1600MHz CL-9 4GB x 1 stick. Hope this solves your query.

thanks mate, will look here between msi or sapphire which is more easily avaliable,

also like you said, my friend are also telling me to go for 6870/560, do think it is worth spending the extra buck instead of 6850/550, will there be a significant improvement in the performance considering i am on a tight budget and if i go for that then have to loosen up in some other aspect of the rig.

Thanks.

MSI HD6850 Cyclone PE is better than 6850 Toxic... And it overclocks well better than the toxic edition... When overclocked it performs close to hd6870 and as far as build quality is concerned then i totally disagree with alpha... MSI and Sapphire cards are equally good build quality wise... And tbh the cyclone cooler is much more efficient at cooling than the cooler which toxic edition has...

i_rock098 said:
ummm, the cyclone edition it is then, will check out if it is avaliable here, otherwise would have to go to lamington road. :fear:

Definitely if you can get a GTX 560 Ti OR AMD HD 6950 1GB edition into your system, you'll see a jump in performance @full HD settings + more eye-candy.

Recommended if you're in Bombay buy RIG from Lamington Road.

ALPHA17 said:
Definitely if you can get a GTX 560 Ti OR AMD HD 6950 1GB edition into your system, you'll see a jump in performance @full HD settings + more eye-candy.

Recommended if you're in Bombay buy RIG from Lamington Road.

They give proper warranty and all?, have never got anything from there, it is usually the local guy, but this time he is quoting a little higher prices.

i_rock098 said:
They give proper warranty and all?, have never got anything from there, it is usually the local guy, but this time he is quoting a little higher prices.

Ofcourse, they do give proper bill... I would recommend you two shops where you would be able to find every component that i've suggested above...

1. TheITWares

2. Primeabgb

Hades. said:
Ofcourse, they do give proper bill... I would recommend you two shops where you would be able to find every component that i've suggested above...

1. TheITWares

2. Primeabgb

yeah saw their sites, was thinking that i would visit there shops to get stuff,

btw the motherboard you said, dose it have USB 3.0?

Nice :eek:hyeah:
The config looks cool, thanks :cheers:
few more things,

1) I should put additional fans in the cabinate from day 1 right?, keep everything cool.
2) I was thinking i would go for a 550W PSU, couse if in the future some years down, if i might plan to upgrade CPU or GPU, i wont have to change the PSU atleast, what do you think?, maybe i am thinking too much of the future?

^^ No good thing that you're actually thinking on that track, if you can afford it put a Cooler Master Silent Pro M500 in your system, plus Cooler Master R4 120mm x 2 ~ 600/- (because the NZXT Gamma doesn't come with any fans).

Back