Need Advice For A Gaming Rig Under 45k

ALPHA17 said:
if you can afford it put a Cooler Master Silent Pro M500 in your system, plus Cooler Master R4 120mm x 2 ~ 600/- (because the NZXT Gamma doesn't come with any fans).

NZXT gamma comes with 1*120mm rear exhaust fan.. OP should, install a minimum of 1*120mm as front intake for proper airflow..

And for RAM, better to get 2*2gb 1333MHz DDR3 by corsair/Gskill...

Meg@M!nd said:
NZXT gamma comes with 1*120mm rear exhaust fan.. OP should, install a minimum of 1*120mm as front intake for proper airflow..

And for RAM, better to get 2*2gb 1333MHz DDR3 by corsair/Gskill...

^^ The motherboard he has, has two RAM slots how will he expand later if he gets a 2 x 2GB kit right now, that is why I told him to get a single Corsair XMS 3 4GB x 1.

And I know the NZXT Gamma comes with a rear fan, the two extra fans he'll buy can be used to improve the airflow considerably, by making the cabinet into a positive pressure based system OR negative pressure based system.

ALPHA17 said:
^^ The motherboard he has, has two RAM slots how will he expand later if he gets a 2 x 2GB kit right now, that is why I told him to get a single Corsair XMS 3 4GB x 1.

But i think OP is opting for Intel DH67BL which has 4 DIMM slots, thats y i said 2*2GB and why XMS3?? a value 1333MHz RAM would be enough...

ALPHA17 said:
^^ No good thing that you're actually thinking on that track, if you can afford it put a Cooler Master Silent Pro M500 in your system, plus Cooler Master R4 120mm x 2 ~ 600/- (because the NZXT Gamma doesn't come with any fans).

thanks, yup will put those fans, dont want my system heating up too much
Meg@M!nd said:
But i think OP is opting for Intel DH67BL which has 4 DIMM slots, thats y i said 2*2GB and why XMS3?? a value 1333MHz RAM would be enough...

yeah, i think i will go with Intel DH67BL, so what should i put?, 1X4GB or 2X2GB?

2x2GB... coz 2x2 Rams will provide more bandwith to the processor in Dual Channel mode than a single RAM...

Wikipedia said:
Dual-channel technology was created to address the issue of bottlenecks. Increased processor speed and performance requires other, less prominent components to keep pace. In the case of dual channel design, the intended target is the memory controller, which regulates data flow between the CPU and system memory (RAM). The memory controller determines the types and speeds of RAM as well as the maximum size of each individual memory module and the overall memory capacity of the system. However, when the memory is unable to keep up with the processor, a bottleneck occurs, leaving the CPU with nothing to process. Under the single-channel architecture, any CPU with a bus speed greater than the memory speed would be susceptible to this bottleneck effect.

The dual-channel configuration alleviates the problem by doubling the amount of available memory bandwidth. Instead of a single memory channel, a second parallel channel is added. With two channels working simultaneously, the bottleneck is reduced. Rather than wait for memory technology to improve, dual-channel architecture simply takes the existing RAM technology and improves the method in which it is handled. While the actual implementation differs between Intel and AMD motherboards, the basic theory stands.

^^ Yes....................

I just missed out this post:

I was thinking i would go for a 550W PSU, couse if in the future some years down, if i might plan to upgrade CPU or GPU, i wont have to change the PSU atleast, what do you think?, maybe i am thinking too much of the future?

Thanks

If you can find Corsair VX550 in Lamington Road then do buy it... alternate option = Seasonic S12II 620w ~ 4.6k

Hades. said:
^^ Yes....................

I just missed out this post:

If you can find Corsair VX550 in Lamington Road then do buy it... alternate option = Seasonic S12II 620w ~ 4.6k

thanks, will search for the Corsair 550VX there.

Back