need advice immediately to buy inverter

jaleel_sh

Disciple
Hi all!

need advice immediately to buy inverter(branded) or home ups to usablility for 2 fans and 2 tube lights. i need to buy in this month. any suggestions?

APC is not full sin-wave. Look for other options. Most importantly, check the about the servicing available in your local area. Then based on that decide the UPS. Just for 2 fans + 2 tubes 800VA will be a overkill, but its better if you are not planning to upgrade in next 5 yrs. If that's the plan, go for 90AH tubular batteries now and later 4 yrs down the line when battery has to be replaced, go for the 135/150AH. Remember that the battery rating is what will decide your backup time and the UPS rating will decide the capacity.

Su-kam offers decent full sine-wave inverters. The 800VA model with double battery is roughly 13.5k I suppose. Check A.S.S. in your location though.

jaleel_sh said:
Hi all!

need advice immediately to buy inverter(branded) or home ups to usablility for 2 fans and 2 tube lights. i need to buy in this month. any suggestions?
please go with Pure Sinewave Inverter and Tubular Battery with 3 years warranty. Exide is expensive, also to Hi power batteries. SF Red would be moderate from [ exide ].

I've heard that Su kam sine wave inverters are good. So I recently got a Su kam Sturdy 600 VA pure Sine wave inverter + 100 AH Mikro plus tubular battery (Rs. 5100 + 9300 ).
Beware of the 48 / 36 month warranty that Exide/SF advertise on tubular batteries. Free replacement is for the first 24/18 months only. After that you get 50% - 15% discount on replacement new battery. Learnt this from the dealer and went for this brand of battery with 30 months replacement warranty at a lower price than Exide.

I've been using Su-Kam pure sine-wave since last 3 years and never had problems with it except that the SMPS fan gets stuck now due to dust or something else dunno the issue,rest its been running fine.
U can bet your money on Su-kam 800VA which will offer future upgradability

abhifusion said:
Go with sukam / luminous home sine wave ups ...

~Spica Tapatalk~
Based on my terrible experience with Luminous, I'd say stay away from it.

They produce sub-par products and then force customers to enter annual maintenance contracts with them.

I've got burned not once, but twice :(

Any idea if more than 1 battery can be connected to a Su-Kam 800VA Sine wave inverter.

i.e. I buy the inverter + 1 battery now and add another battery later if I feel the need of more backup time

Also, any ideas on the charging current of an inverter?

Ratna333 said:
It is 12V, so 1 battery, 1400VA is 24V so 2 batteries needed...

Yes, but can 2 batteries be added in parallel?

2x12V 150Ah batteries in parallel is theoretically equal to a single 12V 300Ah battery, but I dont know if that works IRL

Also, any ideas on the charging current?

Back