Need Advice! Nikon Coolpix P610

Hello Tech Gurus,

After a long time, I am posting a query thread though I follow this community silently for many years now.

Now without beating around the bush, I am planning to buy Nikon Coolpix P610. I have decided to buy this one as I am not an avid photographer and will be used to click pictures occasionally.

I came across this guy selling in ebay.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Nikon-Coolpi...-Card-Case-HDMI-Cable-Included-/121650300254?

I wanted to know is it safe buying such high value items through ebay as this will be first such purchase through online. Also, will the warranty be accepted by Nikon India when brought through such channels.

Also, has any one has experience of purchasing from the above seller?

and last one, please do let me know is any other place/store(in Bangalore) where I can go and buy this camera

Sorry for bombarding with so many questions but would be very helpful if any one can answer them for me.

Looking forward to your valuable responses.

Last edited:
I've bought a couple of Coolpix cameras over time for my family, it's a great item, you won't be disappointed.

I've bought lots of high value items on eBay, so that alone shouldn't be an issue. This seller has good overall stats
and has sold a lot of similar items. The thing to be wary for is a guy who pads his stats with a bunch of cheap stuff,
then suddenly posts a high-value item. This looks like a genuine business that just wants to sell cameras.

As long as the item is new and hasn't been opened -- not just the box, but the camera messed with somehow --
your warranty should be fine.

Good luck, and enjoy the camera!

Back