Laptops Need advice on buying a laptop

hi,
I need some advice on buying a laptop.
My requirements are as follows :
It has to be of HP Brand
15.4" screen with decent multimedia stuff (not too high end)
WebCam
Budget is about 40k
Also please some useful accessories that i can pick up for the laptop

thanks,
regards,
Vinay

Any particular reason why its has to be HP? Also Registered version of Office 2007 would cost you anywhere upwards of 4000 on its own... Not sure abt this though..

yeah... wanna buy HP because of their displays... i've noticed that its one of the best displays around... secondly, in India, after sales service with HP is the best as far as i've heard... so no model comes with a registered version of Office?

Well.. i live in a hostel and 2 of my roomies have HP lappy's.. I still prefer the Dell display on the 1525 which the guy in the next room has.. If you can compare it side by side.. Would give u a better idea.. Also you can probably get office from pretty much anyone.. Just that it'll cost way too much..
As for the service.. HP's servie in my experience pretty much sucks big time.. One of my friends had a hard drive failure once and it took them a month to give it back.. What they were doing with it i don't know.. :S Where are you from by the way?

from Bangalore... so will be picking it up here.. so HP service is bad... what about Dell's service... i found Dell's models pretty good... but the feedback about after sales service was what kinda kept me away from them... anyways, gimme suggestions on models from both HP and Dell if u can

I live in Vellore and the service for all my frnds with Dell's lappy's has been pretty gud... Bangalore is just about 3:30 hrs away frm here but they still come to the hostel for any complaints that require it.. I don't see how there can be bad service in Bangalore itself.. I would say go to Dell's site and look up the Inspiron 1525.. there's also the 1535 around the corner but u'll have to wait another month for that.. In my opinion best you stay away from HP.. Also be sure to look up Shakensoul's offer in the market section for lappy's.. I'll be buying a Dell lappy soon myself from him if the deal stay's on till then.. :hap2:
Also lately people have been recommending Acer's lappy's but i've no idea about the new models.. :S

Back