Budget Above 40k Need Advice on Buying a New Smartphone – iPhone 16 or Something Else?

Hey everyone,

I’m planning to upgrade my phone soon and could really use some advice. I’ve been eyeing the **iPhone 16** (128GB) in black, but I’m also open to other options.

Here’s what I’m looking for:
- **Good camera** (for photos and videos)
- **Long battery life**
- **Smooth performance** (I use my phone for gaming and multitasking)
- **Software updates** (I want something future-proof for at least 3-4 years)

I’ve been a long-time Apple user, but I’m considering switching to **Android** if there’s something better out there. Is the iPhone 16 worth it, or are there better Android alternatives in the same price range?

Would love to hear your thoughts and recommendations!

Thanks in advance!

S24U has 8 Gen 3 everywhere, price is the only issue (waste of money to spend the extra 30-40k IMO). S24U might go for 1L but it is not a major upgrade over S23U. This has been the case for many years now.
ah, I got it mixed up.
Many people will be satisfied enough with a good 30-40k Chinese phone as well & will not be able to appreciate a good UI, like what Samsung or Nothing has. I use modes & routines on my Samsung but how many people outside tech forums knows that such a feature even exists.
my father hates stock, so Pixel/Nothing/Moto are out, I dont want to get him a Xiaomi and OP cameras are underwhelming when compared to even Xiaomi, my budget is hard 70k, so hoping S23U falls under it as S23+ is out of stock, and S23 is too small for him, and the rest of the S24 series is on exynos (just checked)

Real sore point for me this. Who knew the plus would disappear so much sooner than the too small or too big :grumpy:
the middle plus series is always out of stock after a year, I guess samsung manufactures them the least, I would have preferred getting my father the plus, but S24 plus is exynos and he needs that battery life, so its a no bueno for me.

the middle plus series is always out of stock after a year, I guess samsung manufactures them the least, I would have preferred getting my father the plus,
Wish someone mentioned that back in March when they were available. Price was high though. 80k? for 256gb (or was it 512?) storage.

Waiting for the price to drop wasn't feasible
but S24 plus is exynos and he needs that battery life, so its a no bueno for me.
Yeah, same problem

Wish someone mentioned that back in March when they were available. Price was high though. 80k? for 256gb (or was it 512?) storage.

Waiting for the price to drop wasn't feasible
for the plus series definitely, samsung has really priced them horribly, go a little lower and you can get S24 for VFM, go a little high and S24U is there, there really needs to be some overlap between S24 and the plus variant but then I guess Samsung is learning from the pros at this, *Apple pricing ladder strikes again*

Back