Audio Need advice on Headphones!!!!

Homer

Adept
Hey folks,my b'day is coming up on monday so I want to get a good pair of headphones:clap: :clap: . But I cant figure out which to get.
These are some of the feature i'm looking for

->Good bass and treble response
->Should cover the whole ear
->Inline volume conrol

Also I really want a wireless set(IR or Bluetooth).Also is the sound through wireless set the same as the wired set:huh: :huh:

Also I have a budget of around 1500.Help guys:huh:

The phillips looks nice.Any other possible options.How about Sony or Panasonic.Any good models in this price range.

@Chaos So your saying i should get wired ones.I really wanted wireless.

Sony MDR-X100 looks good but the sore point is that it comes with 2 seperate audio cables which can be irritating which is why I got the Philips HSP 805 over them recently ... you could get the Sony MDR-XD200 for around 1.5k, but if you could manage to get your hands on the Philips HSP800 or HSP840 that would be so much better

So your saying the sound of the phillips is better than Sony.Whats the current rate of the phillips and is it easily available ??

Check out AKG and Sennheiser headphones. Dunno bout prices in India though, might be expensive but check it out just in case. Not sure bout Sennheiser but here is the address of AKG distributor in Mumbai:

VIKAS CORPORATION
Evergreen House, Naaz Cinema Compound
Dr. Bhadkamkar Marg
400004 Mumbai
Phone: +91 22 23808750

Websites:
Sennheiser
AKG

By the way, if u get any of them pls let me know how is it, m plannin to buy one myself.

hp 805 , or HP 250 if the inline vol control is that important. plus the latter has a n 8 meter cable which can be a good or bad thing depending on your use

Thanks for your replies folks.But I think i'll go with the Sony MDRXD100.
Really like the design and plus it's a Sony. Any idea from where I can get it cheap :huh:

Homer said:
Thanks for your replies folks.But I think i'll go with the Sony MDRXD100.
Really like the design and plus it's a Sony. Any idea from where I can get it cheap :huh:

Sony isnt a showoff for Headphones...
Neverthless they are not bad...the XD100...but dont expect much frm them...

Just bought the Sony MDR XD200 from Alfa for 1,200.:clap: :clap:
They are simply awesome .Value for money if you ask me.:hap2: :hap2:

They probably be around 1K since they are clip-on.
I got my self these babies

and i'm lovin it :clap: :clap:

Attachments

• MDR-XD200.jpg
    MDR-XD200.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 154
what i found out after using the xd100 for 6 months straight @ more than 4-5hrs/day is that they are EXYREMELY comfortable to wear!

They sure are comfy but.. suck in terms of bass response and even the mids are bad, they're the worst sony headphones ever.......or is it just my set :0

Back