Need advice on LG OPTIUMS ONE - Is it worth the buy?

anfjavid

Skilled
Hello people, yesterday i stepped into univercell, EA in Chennai and i was very impressed by the LG optimus ONE. Initially i had shortlisted nokia c503, galaxy pop and fit. But after my Hands on over the demo piece of the Optimus One, i found that it had good screen resolution than the galaxy phones and the phone looked sleek and professional. So finally i made up my mind to go for it. AFAIK there are'nt phones with this much features in the 10k price range.I was quoted 10.5k there.

Since i am not used to touchscreen, will there be any difficult in typing ?. I can get used to it atleast in a coupla months, right ?

So is it worth the buy ?. Plz advice..

thanx in advance

even i'm hunting in the same category (budget android).
some of the members in TE have got 512 and eclair out of the box. Some have got 256 and froyo out of the box.
But from what i infer from dell india website, it'll be shipped with froyo and 256 mb ram. you have to unlock the del xcd35 so that you get 512. then install CM7 to get 2.3.4
Battery life, out of box, O1 beats Dell XCD35 hands down. But after installing CM7, dell xcd 35 seems to give more than 1 day battery of normal use.
But i'm worried about the laggy part of xcd35, which no one is comfirming :(

hunterjack said:
ok. now im getting really confused, was going in for lg optimus 1 now i think its gonna be xcd35. does dell xcd35 comes with droid 2.1 or 2.2. some places it shows 2.1(eclair) and some 2.2(froyo).
also a query about the ram is it stock 256 and we need to unlock it to 512?
how is the battery life compared to lg optimus one because optimus has 1500mAh battery as compared to xcd35 1250 mAh battery.
sorry if i am bothering but i am a noob and want the best vfm phone and after buying don't want to regret my decision as i intend to keep my mobile phone for atleast 3yrs.

^^it will be shipped with froyo+512MB ram, atleast letsbuy is shipping with it and even if you get it with eclair and 256MB ram,you can go to dell service centre and get it flashed to froyo+512MB ram :)

official support for cyanogen would make the xcd35 better as it can clock higher than 600Mhz.

agreed that the same can be done on the O1, but the higher screen res of the xcd 35 would make it a better phone, that is just my opinion.

being an O1 user, regretting that i did not go for xcd35.

@govi - already there is official support for zte blade a.k.a xcd35.
@xcd35 owners - can't we overclock xcd35 after installing cyanogenmod 7?
@RS4 - thanks for the info.
RS4 and other dell xcd35 owners can you please tell me what's the status of your Dell XCD35 for the below details

AMOLED/LCD:
Current ROM:
How Fast is browser performance in stock & Custom [pinch zoom, scroll etc]:
Battery Life (both during stock & custom):
Bugs (Both in stock & custom):
Out of the box Video File Format support (MKV | AVI (divx/xvid) | MP4):
Video Support in Custom ROM (MKV | AVI (divx/xvid) | MP4):

comp@ddict said:
@OP you can't ask for more.

So XCD 35 it is?
perhaps yes, but i came across certain reviews where users arent that satisfied with the xcd 35 since it is not up to the mark in certain aspects.

A user's opinion from gsmarena

Hi freinds this is pavan
recently i perchased dell xcd35
Display:-good
Music and Sound Quality:- Very poor
Mobile get heat up very often even whwn playing games
No vedio calling available
No flash provided for Camera(Camera quality is low)
they just copied Iphone model.
but excelent joy for playing games in large screen

Back