Budget 51-70k Need advice on multimedia and occasional gaming laptop

Aniruddh

Adept
What's your Budget?
50-70k INR

What will be your primary usage for the notebook be?
Web browsing, watching movies on online platforms & YouTube videos, games at medium-low settings. Listening to music!

What size and weight considerations do you have?
15" and 14". Size and weight doesn't matter at all as long as the specs are great but need one with good battery back up.

Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest?
Asus, Lenovo or HP? Dont have much knowledge about dell Laptops and how its after sales service works.

Any other considerations?
I would prefer a AMD based Laptop. SSD is a must. Upgradable RAM would be great. Decent battery.

Also, would like to know if going for a laptop with a dedicated graphic card is a good idea or its better to avoid it?

Need help on this urgently as ill be getting the laptop in the next day or two.
thanks

Is this Asus laptop any good?

Last edited:
What's your Budget?
50-70k INR

What will be your primary usage for the notebook be?
Web browsing, watching movies on online platforms & YouTube videos, games at medium-low settings. Listening to music!

What size and weight considerations do you have?
15" and 14". Size and weight doesn't matter at all as long as the specs are great but need one with good battery back up.

Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest?
Asus, Lenovo or HP? Dont have much knowledge about dell Laptops and how its after sales service works.

Any other considerations?
I would prefer a AMD based Laptop. SSD is a must. Upgradable RAM would be great. Decent battery.

Also, would like to know if going for a laptop with a dedicated graphic card is a good idea or its better to avoid it?

Need help on this urgently as ill be getting the laptop in the next day or two.
thanks

Is this Asus laptop any good?

same some money and get a laptop with 4800U as I don't think you will be upgrading in next 3 years or so. 10k to 15k more expensive with more ram and ssd included.

same some money and get a laptop with 4800U as I don't think you will be upgrading in next 3 years or so. 10k to 15k more expensive with more ram and ssd included.
I did try finding a laptop with 4800u in my budget but couldn’t find one. Yes I’ll be keeping this laptop for the next 3-4 years at least.

I did try finding a laptop with 4800u in my budget but couldn’t find one. Yes I’ll be keeping this laptop for the next 3-4 years at least.
my friend is also in the same boat and was not able to pick one in this sale. he said now the next opportunity will be in dec, 2020 so you can also try then :angelic:

my friend is also in the same boat and was not able to pick one in this sale. he said now the next opportunity will be in dec, 2020 so you can also try then :angelic:
I can’t wait any longer since my current PC has gone kaput. So, I am in urgent need of new laptop.
I’d like to know if laptop with dedicated graphic card is good or in long run it’ll have some issues and should be avoided? I have been going through some good laptops and most of them have got a 1650 graphic card. Was wondering if I should go for that or with the simple onboard one.

I’ll have to finalise by today. Friends please help me on this. Thanks

I can’t wait any longer since my current PC has gone kaput. So, I am in urgent need of new laptop.
I’d like to know if laptop with dedicated graphic card is good or in long run it’ll have some issues and should be avoided? I have been going through some good laptops and most of them have got a 1650 graphic card. Was wondering if I should go for that or with the simple onboard one.

I’ll have to finalise by today. Friends please help me on this. Thanks

I would only suggest this model. 85k he but congifuration is kadak. plus 10% cashback offer so do checkout !

Try to stretch the budget a bit and get basic zephrous g14
Earlier my budget was around 85k and had almost finalised on MacBook Air i3 version which was available on flipkart for 83k with 9k discount. But soon I realised that it ain’t VFM and also I don’t need to spend that kind of money for my usage. So, dropped the idea of buying it and lowered my budget by 15k.
Try to stretch the budget a bit and get basic zephrous g14

If portability is not important to you, then consider gaming laptops with a 1650 as you've mentioned in your post. Do share your thoughts and I will make some recommendations.

I’d like something light and small preferably 14” but not oppose to 15” if something really good in my budget is available. Ya I really wanted to know that if going with a dedicated card in a laptop is good idea. Was in two minds as have read some where in this forum that dedicated GPU is not good in long run and also some face heating issues with it. That’s why needed an expert advice on this.
Gaming is secondary as anyways I’ll be getting a PS5 in near future (as soon as top games are easily available in Indian market)

Earlier my budget was around 85k and had almost finalised on MacBook Air i3 version which was available on flipkart for 83k with 9k discount. But soon I realised that it ain’t VFM and also I don’t need to spend that kind of money for my usage. So, dropped the idea of buying it and lowered my budget by 15k.

I’d like something light and small preferably 14” but not oppose to 15” if something really good in my budget is available. Ya I really wanted to know that if going with a dedicated card in a laptop is good idea. Was in two minds as have read some where in this forum that dedicated GPU is not good in long run and also some face heating issues with it. That’s why needed an expert advice on this.
Gaming is secondary as anyways I’ll be getting a PS5 in near future (as soon as top games are easily available in Indian market)
graphics is not only in game is something you should not forget. this cards can help in future you don't what based on what requirement you have. anyways, I would say strong processor is what I am recommending else you can also go and buy below MSI which is for 54k inr and is under lightening deal form intel if only light weight is what u want to go for.

This is a good compromise of Perf v. Weight. 1.86 Kg's but downgraded to 1650 Max-Q (few % points above 1050ti laptop). Decent upgradability and overall suited I think to your requirements.

Apart from this the options head in the two opposites, thin and light without dedicated GPU (think 4700U) or Around the same price of 50-55K, you can get a heavier machine with the full 1650 or up to 4800H + 1650ti (let's say 10-15% better than the regular 1650 in favorable tasks) in the upper end of your budget.

This is all within 50-70K. If you stretch it further you again get extreme divergence, either the light G14 with 1650 or machines with a 1660Ti/5600m at around 85K or perhaps even something with the 4800U (though I haven't found anything at this price even the 4700U sometimes goes for 83K) or if you wait long enough maybe 11th gen intel i7 with xe IGPU 20-30% better than the 4800U and I'd say competitive with 1050 laptop version (considering around 50% gulf between 1050 v. mx250).

The choice is yours, this is the landscape.

graphics is not only in game is something you should not forget. this cards can help in future you don't what based on what requirement you have. anyways, I would say strong processor is what I am recommending else you can also go and buy below MSI which is for 54k inr and is under lightening deal form intel if only light weight is what u want to go for.

I understand that but as I said wasn’t sure about the graphic card so wanted some advice on this. Yes will look for the latest proccy to make sure this laptop last for the next 3-4 years at least.

This is a good compromise of Perf v. Weight. 1.86 Kg's but downgraded to 1650 Max-Q (few % points above 1050ti laptop). Decent upgradability and overall suited I think to your requirements.

Apart from this the options head in the two opposites, thin and light without dedicated GPU (think 4700U) or Around the same price of 50-55K, you can get a heavier machine with the full 1650 or up to 4800H + 1650ti (let's say 10-15% better than the regular 1650 in favorable tasks) in the upper end of your budget.

This is all within 50-70K. If you stretch it further you again get extreme divergence, either the light G14 with 1650 or machines with a 1660Ti/5600m at around 85K or perhaps even something with the 4800U (though I haven't found anything at this price even the 4700U sometimes goes for 83K) or if you wait long enough maybe 11th gen intel i7 with xe IGPU 20-30% better than the 4800U and I'd say competitive with 1050 laptop version (considering around 50% gulf between 1050 v. mx250).

The choice is yours, this is the landscape.
Thanks a ton mate for clearing the air. I went through this MSI laptop which you’ve suggested but the problem is after sales service of MSI at my place, it’s quite bad. I have first hand experience with MSI. So, I’d like to avoid going for a MSI laptop.
I am open to brands like Asus, Lenovo, HP, Acer & dell.
Thanks

This is contradictory to the OP where you state that " Size and weight doesn't matter at all as long as the specs are great but need one with good battery back up."

Finalize the form factor first. You do get discrete graphics even in thin/light designs (although obviously not as powerful as the ones that come in gaming laptops). Gaming laptops also use higher power parts which generally means lower battery life. Decide whether you would like a thin/light ultrabook-class laptop or a gaming one first and then it gets much easier to make a choice. If you stretch (or rather restore) your budget for the G14 as suggested above, you get the best of both worlds.

Last edited:
This is contradictory to the OP where you state that " Size and weight doesn't matter at all as long as the specs are great but need one with good battery back up."

Finalize the form factor first. You do get discrete graphics even in thin/light designs (although obviously not as powerful as the ones that come in gaming laptops). Gaming laptops also use higher power parts which generally means lower battery life. Decide whether you would like a thin/light ultrabook-class laptop or a gaming one first and then it gets much easier to make a choice.
I’d like something handy which can be carried around easily but never said i am opposed to having a laptop with decent specs even if it ain’t the thinnest and the lightest. I am perfectly fine with 14”& 15” laptop and not the heavy ones with 17” screen and over 2.5kgs of weight.
Hope now I have made things easier for everyone here. Sorry if my posts made it look as if I am a bit confused as to what I am looking in a laptop.
Thanks

Last edited:
I’d like something handy which can be carried around easily but never said i am opposed to having a laptop with decent specs even if it ain’t the thinnest and the lightest. I am perfectly fine with 14”& 15” laptop and not the heavy ones with 17” screen and over 2.5kgs of weight.
Hope now I have made things easier for everyone here. Sorry if my posts made it look as if I am a bit confused as to what I am looking in a laptop.
Thanks
Just a heads up - if you want to keep up with 9th gen gaming apart from the GPU you will need a fast SSD. ATM it would be largely impossible and financially imprudent to try to get a 4th gen PCIe Nvme SSD but it is a remarkably good time for a top of the line 3rd Gen PCie Nvme SSD like Samsung 970 Evo plus or Adata Gammix. A 256 GB can be had for less than 4K (with debit/credit card discount) on Amazon and just the other day I was able to grab a 512 GB 970 Evo for 5.7K (usually goes for 8.8k/9.3k). These are pretty close to the early 4th Gen SSD's on offer and will suffice I think for the coming use cases and at the very least you will not have too many bottlenecks to worry about in the next 3-4 years.

I’d like something handy which can be carried around easily but never said i am oppose to having a laptop with decent specs even if it ain’t the thinnest and the lightest. I am perfectly fine with 14”& 15” laptop and not the heavy ones with 17” screen and over 2.5kgs of weight.
Thanks
No worries, none of the laptops suggested so far are 17inch with over 2.5kgs however. Screen size =/= form factor. The range cannot span between 2 distinct categories of laptops for someone to recommend with any accuracy. Make your choice:- a)14 inch w/ ~1.5kg or b) 15.6 inch w/ upto 2.2kg.

To make this simpler, your usage does not actually require the performance offered by the larger/heavier gaming laptops, nor do you need a dedicated GPU. The only reason I had to follow up before recommending was due to the suggestion that size and weight were not important to you (plus gaming in the requirements).

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand that but as I said wasn’t sure about the graphic card so wanted some advice on this. Yes will look for the latest proccy to make sure this laptop last for the next 3-4 years at least.

Thanks a ton mate for clearing the air. I went through this MSI laptop which you’ve suggested but the problem is after sales service of MSI at my place, it’s quite bad. I have first hand experience with MSI. So, I’d like to avoid going for a MSI laptop.
I am open to brands like Asus, Lenovo, HP, Acer & dell.
Thanks
whats your location ?

The first one. The second if you want more portability but the third IMO is not worth it unless portability is your first priority.

The first one. The second if you want more portability but the third IMO is not worth it unless portability is your first priority.
Thanks! have removed the third one from the option.

How is NVidia MX250 laptop gpu? there is a laptop with 14" inch screen and have got a dedicated mx250 gpu.

how is acer as a laptop brand? Acer nitro i5 10th gen series, especially compared to Lenovo and Asus?

Last edited:
Back