Audio Need Advice on Speakers

Not to break into ur lil discussion here but guys since when did bose or onkyo turn into bad speakers(someone on page 1 posted the same). Yes at 20k d good models r out of the op's budget but by no means r they bad, maybe overpriced (referring to bose). OP, there is loads of stuff to choose from buddy, ranging from jamo to jbl to onkyo and so on.

I say you audition every single one of em and then make a choice. Audio is very subjective in my opinion. Find time or wait it out till you get free, but audition everything out there before you buy..

Follow logic

fully made speaker --> whole body tax i.e price higher

enclosure is not according to your choice and room size.

labour charges

cost may be cut down in components such as amps, drivers.

whearas

when you make one

you can decide on the enclosere

you can get the best wood for it

you can get bigger amps for supporting even more speakers, i.e you can even expand your system at will and as req.

DIY gives a certain aderaline rush.

both drivers and amps and satellites and soldering is by you so you decide on the quality.

for better tweeters import them they wont take much shipping cost.

and by any I mean in the comparable price bracket.

much more cheap dude to less taxes, customizable, and you can decide each component acc. ur will.

But for DIY .. i think it would require a certain level of knowledge about audio components and then i would again be dependent on you guys :p So i think i would rule it out.

But at this point , the big question is : 2.1 or 5.1 ? I have no particular attachments with any and you guys know my requirements....

Dhruv,really net is full of DIY stuff.
You really dont need to depend on us.
Think this,a proper designed DIY is not only cost effective but will blow away similarly category Branded speakers.
Just try giving it a shot.Yes but please do so as assigning time is the factor in DIY. Knowdledge you will always get not not as hindrance as time lack.
But time is needed as its not a single shoot, get it over thing.You will keep improving on DIY
But the thing totally worth it. :hap2:

Dude if u dont have the adequate technical knowhow, forget the DIY option//

Atmost u can choose the speakers and sub separately.. Though i dont own 1, the jbl subs have always impressed me (onkyo and bose with me).. Wharfedale or onkyo(not the htib variant but seperate picks) speakers have always been impressive with music and movies alike. Onkyo subs suck////

Do not go DIY route without expert assistance..

I am ok with the option of picking out components myself... but i think DIY for this would be out of my league at the moment. I don't want to waste my hard earned money...

And so here we are again with no real conclusions... Should i go in for the AEs ? Are they good for Rock music ? and how about for gaming ?

BTW, in a small room... how much would 5.1 make a difference ?

The AEs sound pretty good for music. As for gaming, since they lack a dedicated subwoofer, you may miss out on the punchy bass and the lack of surround speakers a la 5.1 setup.

Not sure how much would a 5.1 setup make a difference in a small room though. I'd say going by your previous posts, you love your music and the way it sounds - grab the AE A5 already! :D

Desecrator said:
Not sure how much would a 5.1 setup make a difference in a small room though. I'd say
Thing is he wants games & movies as well, this kinda steers things more towards a compromise. A 5.1 with less quality on audio than a 2.1 but good with games & movies.

Maybe we should ask OP for a breakdown of what he does

Music ?%
Games ?%
Movies ?%

If its a third for all of them why would you still suggest 2.1 ?

If the buidget presently will only afford a 2.1 why not wait longer till he can afford a 5.1 ?

Music is something which i am playing whenever i am around at home.

BUT

i love to watch movies.

due to time limitations, my gaming is limited.

I am actually really confused right now so am counting on you... will start auditioning from 3rd of June when my exams get over.

Mate get yourself an energy classic or an energy Micro.. They simply sound amazing. You might need to push ur budget up a bit but believe me, it will be worth it..

Damages ? Where can i find em ? Has anyone else tried it ?

I was playing music through a crappy 5.1 earlier which i had to make do with due to shifting etc.... It was easy to see how crappy it sounded.

But then it was a CRAPPY system. I think good ones should be able to handle music... Music IS my primary concern but i don't want to lose out on 5.1 for movies :'(

Gosh...m so confused ! Thanks for helping me guys , it is really appreciated...

Back