Need an Android Mobile with Custom ROM support - Budget 16K

kewl

Disciple
Hi Friends
My Nokia N95 8GB is dying and I need to replace it with an Android phone

1. Q: Budget?
A: 16k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: Capacitive display. I am not knowledgeable about the display technologies, but the display should be crisp and 3.7 inches or more.

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: I like HTC. Samsung is low in priority but can consider if it suits my requirements. No LG.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Only Rear Camera is required. Front camera will be a plus.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android. Current or upcoming support for 4.0 is preferred.

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: Wifi and 3G

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Primarily Apps, Internet, watching video during daily commute. Camera will be used occasionally

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Custom ROM (cyanogen preffered) support and Long battery life is essential.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: HTC One V/ HTC Desire S / Ericson Xperia Neo V

It will help if you also suggest good deals where I can buy online or offline in Mumbai.

Thanks in advance

Motorola Defy+ specs look good, especially the 1700 mah battery and water, scratch resistant and dust-proof features. The Cyanogen Mod support seems to be picking up and hopefully will be stable in 6 months time. The lowest deal for defy+ online seems to be at Sulekha (14,099). I will check if I can get a better deal online or offline.

I also like the HTC desire S as it has Super LCD screen and 768 MB RAM as the price is expected to go down with the launch of the new HTC one phones. The deal on Saholic site for 15990 was great but it has gone out of stock now. I am not sure if there are other good deals on this.

If anyone has got good deals on Motorola Defy+/ HTC desire S, please reply to this post. Also let me know your thoughts on both of these phones (pros and cons). The cyanogen mod support for Desire S is much stable hence it would be my first choice. however, if is above budget then I can consider the defy+.

Back