PC Peripherals Need an ergonomic chair

Does anyone have recommendations for high back chairs? I had purchased the one linked here last month based on the features alone since every chair looks the same online. Unfortunately, it turned out to be quite short and thus unergonomic for my height. I need one that is aimed at people of at least 5'10" height.

I can go with Ikea Jarvfjallet but not convinced about spending more than 18k including shipping on it. Definitely don't want gaming chairs or any with leatherette on it.

Does anyone have recommendations for high back chairs? I had purchased the one linked here last month based on the features alone since every chair looks the same online. Unfortunately, it turned out to be quite short and thus unergonomic for my height. I need one that is aimed at people of at least 5'10" height.

I can go with Ikea Jarvfjallet but not convinced about spending more than 18k including shipping on it. Definitely don't want gaming chairs or any with leatherette on it.
I know you said no gaming chairs, but this one is really comfortable. Two of us have been using it for about 2 years now. 5ft10 and 6ft3.

We sit happily crosslegged in that.

I know you said no gaming chairs, but this one is really comfortable. Two of us have been using it for about 2 years now. 5ft10 and 6ft3.

We sit happily crosslegged in that.

Thanks, had that one on the radar, though it symbolizes the gaming excess/premium that I am trying to avoid. While the Amazon reviews are mostly 5-star, it does have mixed reviews in terms of ergonomics and durability. That is in general the issue with most gaming chairs though where ergonomics becomes secondary to comfort and Green Soul does seem to have issues in general with how the materials hold up over time. In that sense, Ikea Jarvfjallet seems more promising at it has positive reviews worldwide (like Markus) and comes with a 10-year warranty.

Still not sure though whether it is better to pick one of the more ergonomic high back office chairs that cost less than half since I also don't sit on the chair for hours at a time.

Forgot to mention that I eventually went with the Green Soul Jupiter chair which cost around 7.3k. It has proper lumbar, head and neck support which is what I was looking for. The thigh support is a bit lacking as it doesn't quite extend as far as I would have liked. The arm rest with horizontal adjustment in addition to height adjustment is really great, especially when reclining.

It has stop lock for reclination in increments of 15 degrees going from 90 to 135 which is more than enough for my use case. 5'10" is mentioned as the maximum height for this chair which happens to be my height and I feel it could still accommodate people who are a couple of inches taller. Other family members who are less than 5'6" are also able to use the chair comfortably though the head rest becomes awkward for them.

Overall, would recommend this one as a regular use ergonomic chair.

Forgot to mention that I eventually went with the Green Soul Jupiter chair which cost around 7.3k. It has proper lumbar, head and neck support which is what I was looking for. The thigh support is a bit lacking as it doesn't quite extend as far as I would have liked. The arm rest with horizontal adjustment in addition to height adjustment is really great, especially when reclining.

It has stop lock for reclination in increments of 15 degrees going from 90 to 135 which is more than enough for my use case. 5'10" is mentioned as the maximum height for this chair which happens to be my height and I feel it could still accommodate people who are a couple of inches taller. Other family members who are less than 5'6" are also able to use the chair comfortably though the head rest becomes awkward for them.

At last ordered a Green Soul Jupiter HB chair from Flipkart yesterday. Cost me 7.2K after card discount.

At last ordered a Green Soul Jupiter HB chair from Flipkart yesterday. Cost me 7.2K after card discount.

How is your experience now? I'm looking for a budget chair as well under 10K bracket for my home office. My height is 5'11". I sit like 10-12 hrs on the chair. Need good lumbar and neck support.
Can you guys throw some link? I see a couple chairs with the name like Jupiter Go/Jupiter Superb etc. Any other recommendations?

I shortlisted these...

Can anyone point out key differences in these? They all look the same mostly.

Last edited:
How is your experience now? I'm looking for a budget chair as well under 10K bracket for my home office. My height is 5'11". I sit like 10-12 hrs on the chair. Need good lumbar and neck support.
Can you guys throw some link? I see a couple chairs with the name like Jupiter Go/Jupiter Superb etc. Any other recommendations?

I shortlisted these...

I bought Green Soul Crystal-V2 in Feb'22.

Earlier I had a unbranded (100% same as Green Soul Newyork) chair that was more comfortable and working great even after 4 years (wheel base was replaced one year ago because a couple of wheels were broken, after/before no other problem). I changed just because I wanted change.

I am not much impressed with Green Soul chair. They are same like unbranded / Chinese imported chairs, they just put their brand name on the chair.

1. There were supposed to be two Allen keys but smaller one was not there. No problem, I have those. No resolution provided by company.
2. Hydraulic cover was not there. No resolution provided by company.
3. Reclining lock does not stay in locked position and all of sudden, unlocks itself multiple times a day. No resolution provided by company.
4. Armsrests keep on moving back and forth with slightest of pressure while sitting, getting up, etc. No resolution provided by company.

I have contacted Green Soul CC multiple times. They prefer whatsapp communication but their reply comes in 1-2-3 days. So the conversation keeps going on for weeks. BTW, it is still going on.

They have good reviews on Amazon, so may be my chair is an exception or they themselves write reviews. Even verified purchase reviews can be manipulated by buying at your known's addresses, get it delivered, sell it again. all you loose is Amazon commission.

I shortlisted these...

Very minor differences. Couple of them have bi-directional armrest adjustment and Crystal has a coat hanger. Just noticed that the chair I use is similar to the Jupiter model and it cost me 2.5k~3k only in 2018. These brands and furniture shops jack up the prices so much. Would suggest you to look at local shops. Will definitely be cheaper

Very minor differences. Couple of them have bi-directional armrest adjustment and Crystal has a coat hanger. Just noticed that the chair I use is similar to the Jupiter model and it cost me 3k only in 2018. These brands and furniture shops jack up the prices so much
I had bought a chair exactly like Green Soul Newyork for Rs.4500 in Dec'2017.

Very minor differences. Couple of them have bi-directional armrest adjustment and Crystal has a coat hanger. Just noticed that the chair I use is similar to the Jupiter model and it cost me 2.5k~3k only in 2018. These brands and furniture shops jack up the prices so much. Would suggest you to look at local shops. Will definitely be cheaper
The costs are so high now because of work from home situation. It's sad really but majboori hai kya karein.

Yea. Slap a green soul sticker on a Chinese import or a local no name manufacturer item and mark up 200% or whatever. I buy my computer chairs and tables from Saravana Stores in T.Nagar Chennai :laughing:. Have done so since 2004 when I bought my first PC table from them. Rs990 table lasted till 2018. Bought new table from them for 2.5k in 2018 and a chair for some 2.5~3k. Replaced the hydraulic few months back other wise its been all good. While I was searching for the replacement hydraulic, I asked some furniture shops for the price of the same model and it was all 8 to 12k.
The costs are so high now because of work from home situation. It's sad really but majboori hai kya karein.
Online costs are high. Offline is still cheaper as long as you avoid branded furniture shops. I'm not sure what's the equivalent of a Saravana Stores in your city (assuming you're not from Chennai), but such shops will definitely give a cheaper price.

Yea. Slap a green soul sticker on a Chinese import or a local no name manufacturer item and mark up 200% or whatever. I buy my computer chairs and tables from Saravana Stores in T.Nagar Chennai :laughing:. Have done so since 2004 when I bought my first PC table from them. Rs990 table lasted till 2018. Bought new table from them for 2.5k in 2018 and a chair for some 2.5~3k. Replaced the hydraulic few months back other wise its been all good. While I was searching for the replacement hydraulic, I asked some furniture shops for the price of the same model and it was all 8 to 12k.

Online costs are high. Offline is still cheaper as long as you avoid branded furniture shops. I'm not sure what's the equivalent of a Saravana Stores in your city (assuming you're not from Chennai), but such shops will definitely give a cheaper price.
For poeple in Delhi @enthusiast29 , I bought mine (2017) from Rani Jhansi Road, Delhi. But MG Road should have more or less same price.

Back