Need: Bangkok+Pattaya Deals

Hi everyone,
I just thought to check here with so many smarty's at TE.

I'm looking for some good deals for a holiday travel to Bangkok+Pattaya. I'll be flying from New Delhi.

on Make my Trip this is best pkg I've found so far for
Budget Friendly Thailand - 5 Nights Rs. 25,990
3 Night Pattaya | 2 Night Bangkok
But this is going a little over my budget for 2 adults plus child.

Any globe trotters here who can get me some better credible deals ? I'd love have it within 50-55K for total pkg.
thanks..

IIRC Airasia Serves only a few Cities mostly in the south ( kolkatta , banglore )

What is the age of child ? will the kid be requiring a bed ?

Frankly speaking its A bit difficult on 55k unless he is an infant .
Flights itself will cost around 47k For three . There is no discount for children .

Try planning it yourself and shorten the stay or limit it to a single city rather than going for a package tour .
Ps- Visa costs are not included . You will get a Visa on arrival for 1000 Bahts and they require you to have 20,000 bahts per family , although they don't check it always .

Well What is TIGER ?? i dont know..pls explain

Child's age is 4.5yrs, No BED required.

Planning 4 nights, 5th day return.

VISA Costs not included ?? are your sure the MakeMyTrip deal i quoted above doesn't have VISA charges ?? is it a general gimmick played by tour planners?? Can you pls tell me what all to check in the itenary and other hidden costs ? pls do list your experiences. I don't want a nuisance on-tour with family.

I'm Getting 25,000 all incl.( VISA + Taxes) per person from SahibJi Travels. Any Delhites having opinions on this tour operator? they are in Karol Bagh.

Check Dpauls also have taken quite a few packages from them, For Thailand Bangkok pattaya.... have gone 2 years back that time i paid approx 30k each for a 4 night 5 days stay every thing was included picups drops side seens all major tickets, food all 3 meals, They have their office in shivalik malivya Nagar.

Well What is TIGER ?? i dont know..pls explain

Child's age is 4.5yrs, No BED required.

Planning 4 nights, 5th day return.

VISA Costs not included ?? are your sure the MakeMyTrip deal i quoted above doesn't have VISA charges ?? is it a general gimmick played by tour planners?? Can you pls tell me what all to check in the itenary and other hidden costs ? pls do list your experiences. I don't want a nuisance on-tour with family.

Tiger airways deals

Sorry for bumping up an old thread, but any idea about the visa procedures now?

On checking the thai visa site, for getting visa from india (Mumbai), my passport needs to have been issued in Maharashtra, or a few other states (mine was issued in Tamil Nadu, and hence not valid for this i think)

I plan to take only cash along, in $ and baht, so will showing that during immigration be proof enough? Or are photocopies of the same needed.

When i went to Thailand, i did the Visa processing in Mumbai only. My passport is Mumbai issued, not sure if that matters. Did not try the Visa on arrival thing.

Thailand is on arrival visa so you can easily go for that. There are certain things to keep in mind like return flight tickets & enough financial backing in tune of around 25 - 30 k that you need to show. No issues other than that.
You would need receipt/bill of currency carried since I am assuming you are purchasing from a recognized foreign exchange dealer or company like Centrum .
Carry photocopies just in case

I meant original & photocopy of reciept of currency purchase from agent / company.
You need to show proof of how much you are bringing into the country if they ask you. And its 20,000 bhat equivalent.
Thailand is in a bit of turmoil right now so do look out before going there.

Thanks Puns! Cleared my head. :) Will get an equivalent in $ and take the receipt+photocopy. Will exchange there. For immediate expenses will convert some baht from here.

And yeah, I know of the protests. Been following it for a month. My plan is for Feb end. Hoping things calm down by then.
Already booked tickets! :(

Back