Budget 0-20k Need Cabinet / Fans advice

uzerdelhi

Disciple
I'm building a new PC with i5 12400F (Planning to upgrade the cooler in future too), ASUS prime b660m-a d4, RTX 3070 (Currently have GTX 960 but will upgrade the GPU in the future), 16gb ram (Might upgrade later), I already have 1 SSD and 2 HDD so i want to use that too.

I had previously picked Deepcool CC560 as my cabinet but the seller cancelled the order i can't find it at a reasonable price from a trusted site now.

Now i'm looking for a new Cabinet, my requirements are: Airflow, should fit my components easily and most importantly,
No RGB, or atleast RGB that can be turned off. The only reason i went with CC560 is because it atleast had 1 static color light on fans. All the other cabinets i see have RGB fans which i hate.

I'm fine with going with a Cabinet that does not come with fans and get the fans separately provided they don't have RGB as long as it falls in my budget.

My budget is 5k for both cabinet and fans

Deepcool Matrexx 40 3FS should be enough IMO if you use a single tower cooler on the i5 12400 like Deepcool AG400.

Matrexx 55 4F is its bigger brother in case you want ATX cabinet instead of mATX. Both have enough fans.

My rig is i5 12400 + 3070 inside Lancool II Mesh. Stock cooler was hitting 90+C as max temp (85C avg) in certain CPU intensive games, like FIFA 23, Ubisoft ones, etc. So I bought AK400, now CPU avg temp is like 55C while gaming. SoMatrexx 40 3FS + AG400 will run cooler than Matrexx 55 4FS + stock cooler.

Deepcool Matrexx 40 3FS should be enough IMO if you use a single tower cooler on the i5 12400 like Deepcool AG400.

Matrexx 55 4F is its bigger brother in case you want ATX cabinet instead of mATX. Both have enough fans.

My rig is i5 12400 + 3070 inside Lancool II Mesh. Stock cooler was hitting 90+C as max temp (85C avg) in certain CPU intensive games, like FIFA 23, Ubisoft ones, etc. So I bought AK400, now CPU avg temp is like 55C while gaming. SoMatrexx 40 3FS + AG400 will run cooler than Matrexx 55 4FS + stock cooler.
I really don't like RGB, I would rather go with a fanless case and get fans without RGB if possible.
If that's not possible in this budge then i suppose Matrexx 40 isn't tooooo terrible when it comes to RGB but not a fan of looks so i will look around a lil more

I really don't like RGB, I would rather go with a fanless case and get fans without RGB if possible.
If that's not possible in this budge then i suppose Matrexx 40 isn't tooooo terrible when it comes to RGB but not a fan of looks so i will look around a lil more
I dunno about Matrexx 40.
I had bought Lian Li 216 RGB recently, Great case. I also dont care about RGB as such, but that is what was available and in this case RGB version also comes with a nice fan controller.
Anyway, what i am saying is that i only connected the fan cable to motherboard and did not bother with rgb cables.
Result, in my case atleast, is that there is no light.

No idea if its same in Matrexx, but you can try to check.

Just check prices of case fans, then revert back. Sadly Arctic P12s are no longer available in India. You can just not connect the ARGB/RGB connecter from mobo.

I don't bother with RGB as well, didn't configure ARGB via software, set my case to red & forgot about it.

I dunno about Matrexx 40.
I had bought Lian Li 216 RGB recently, Great case. I also dont care about RGB as such, but that is what was available and in this case RGB version also comes with a nice fan controller.
Anyway, what i am saying is that i only connected the fan cable to motherboard and did not bother with rgb cables.
Result, in my case atleast, is that there is no light.

No idea if its same in Matrexx, but you can try to check.

Just check prices of case fans, then revert back. Sadly Arctic P12s are no longer available in India. You can just not connect the ARGB/RGB connecter from mobo.

I don't bother with RGB as well, didn't configure ARGB via software, set my case to red & forgot about it.

Not sure how to check if the fans come with seperate cables for RGB, AFAIK not all fans do. What do i need to look for to find that out? None of the reviews of any cases go over it
I might get these if i can turn off the RGB along with the CC560 case without fans

But i think it's not possible based on the reviews

I think this case has fans with RGBs that can be turned off, there is a LED button on top, but i'm worried about dust. I live in a under construction society and there is A LOT of dust

Last edited:
Consider this one if you're okay with a white case: Link (Corsair 275r Airflow @4k)
Comes with fine dust filter in front. 3x non-rgb fan. Good build. Only con I see is tempered glass is screwed in.
Might be big for m-atx, but provides an upgrade path for future.
Deepcool and Ant esports are all good at their price but can't match Corsair, CM, Lian Li (head and shoulder above), Phanteks.

I have tried cheap options but they cut too many corners, be it lack of cable management space, rigidity of case (cause of gpu sag in many times), poor dust filters,etc.

Last edited:
Consider this one if you're okay with a white case: Link (Corsair 275r Airflow @4k)
Comes with fine dust filter in front. 3x non-rgb fan. Good build. Only con I see is tempered glass is screwed in.
Might be big for m-atx, but provides an upgrade path for future.
Deepcool and Ant esports are all good at their price but can't match Corsair, CM, Lian Li (head and shoulder above), Phanteks.

I have tried cheap options but they cut too many corners, be it lack of cable management space, rigidity of case (cause of gpu sag in many times), poor dust filters,etc.
That seems really good, climbed to top of my list
I was wondering how it's so much cheaper than other sites then i saw the shipping costs, it's almost 1k to ship to me lol, At that point it's about the same price as black version on amazon and amazon one would arrive next day too.
Not sure if white version is worth the wait or not but ill probably buy it from amazon tonight

Edit: Can it fit Micro-ATX board? I have already bought Asus Prime B660M-A D4 board. I read some reviews and someone said i would need to use pliers to bend stuff to fit a non atx board.. Is that true

Last edited:
i'm worried about dust. I live in a under construction society and there is A LOT of dust
I get a lot of dust too.

I dunno if its the same for all cases, but mesh filter works very very well in my case. Great cooling and catches most of the dust. I can buy an optional front dust filter for my case and i was going to buy it but decided against it since the mesh works so well. Most of the dust gets stuck outside the case and can just be swiped out. Ofc, need to clean inside the box say once in six months or so.

Looks something like this.

1007_90-a.jpg

I put another layer of dust filter on the front panel of my Lancool II Mesh to control dust build up inside. Front panel's pores seem relatively big, likely for airflow. I know putting more dust filter might be counter-productive for thermals, but at 55C for CPU & 65C for GPU as avg temps, I have nothing to worry.

Back