Need Computer Monitoring Software

mh09ad5578

the aRchiTect!
Adept
hi guys!!!Need Help again!!!:(

i am an architect with five computers in a LAN, i have a few employees who are wasting away time on the machines when i am away!!!(like watching movies, worse copying data!!!:mad: )so need help with computer monitoring software..preferably freeware, i am using Windows XP , with service pack 2, also all accounts are work accounts, as i have kept the Admin rights with me.

I had heard once of a free war which takes the screen snapshots at regular intervals, and hides them ...all discretly, but lost the link..any pointers???i lost a pendrive the other day, thik one of the chaps might have picked it up, so this software might help me track it when he uses it to copy data!!!:no: , ya know the sitiuation is complicated but cant think of anything better!!!i cannot disable the USB ports coz i need them for the printers scanners and the memory card readers!!!!:huh:

plz help!!!

p.s.- is their anyway i can stop the video playback completely on these machines while reataining the audio???(the staff listen to music all day long-thts not a problem, i just dont want them to watch movies or videos whn i am away or any other time!!!)

1. Block Disable All USB Ports. (This will take care of Data Transfer.) Hoping that you dont have CD/DVD Writers !!

2. As you have Admin rights.. uninstall all media players and Freeze their ID's for any new Software installation !!

Any MP3 palyer can be kept for music !! Infact old version of winamp with no video support will play the trick.

^+1

disabling video decoder drivers on all computers should do the trick. from device manager->sound and game controllers->video codecs.
apart from these, group policy editor allows specifying much fine grained access controls.

@boo, idea- thanx guys -but u have any discret snapshot software in mind, i cant diable the usb posts, coz tht wud knock out the printer, scanner and memory card reader communcation too!!!!!!!!!!!:( , repped all!!! any other Ideas????:D

Hi,

Use UltraVNC or RealVNC by which is commonly used in organisations to monitor, remote control and view systems.

You can extensively customise MS Windows using some free tool by MS. Will post details later...

You could try the My Team Monitor. It is a free software which has a stealth version that you can install on their computers so when they start work they can't see the program is there and running. It will send you screenshots every 5 minutes or so, log keystrokes and mouse clicks, and show when and how long they were active or idle during their work-hours. You can register for free at their website, just google 'myteammonitor' and it will be the URL with this keyword in it.

Back