Need for Speed is not dead afterall

saumilsingh said:
I don't think so because the visual effects in Grid already look almost as good.

If you mean the massive amounts of supersampling, then yeah it's a bullshot.
This particular shot must have been rendered at 4 times the resolution and then downsized to 1280x720.

If one were to render a screenshot of Grid at some insane resolution and then downsize it to 1280x720, I am sure it would look just as good.
Massive amounts of supersampling, just the perfect dash of blur & and amazingly crisp details. Remember those first undercover images that surfaced ;) Since a part of the team of GTR 2 and GTL are involved i hope the physics and handling part are done properly. :)

For a moment there i thought EA had turned over a new leaf. :rofl: :rofl: But they don't disappoint........

EA Games marketing bigwig Keith Munro has told Eurogamer there is one more secret Need For Speed game in development beyond the three titles revealed earlier today.

"Black Box is currently working on a future action title in the franchise," said Munro, playing his car-cards close to his car-chest. [Are you phoning this in? - Ed]

Presumably this game will continue the street-racing series trend of late, as the newly-announced Need for Speed: Shift (PC, 360, PS3, PSP) moves towards simulation racing and away from urban culture. But otherwise, details are scarce.

EA Black Box doing secret NFS game News // None /// Eurogamer - Games Reviews, News and More

Two new gameplay videos.
Need For Speed : Shift en deux vidéos exclusives par Jeuxvideo.fr

French gaming website Jeuxvideo.fr has two new gameplay videos of Need for Speed Shift, showing us first ever untouched footage of EA’s upcoming title.

The videos show a race a race at Brands Hatch with the Pagani Zonda and a Porsche on a fictional street track. Click the image below to get to the videos.

Developed by Slightly Mad Studios (former Blimey! Games) and distributed by EA, Need for Speed Shift is expected to be released in September 2009 for the PC and all major consoles.

Handling definitely seems to be on the simulation side. Time will tell if it's a proper sim or a pseudo-sim.

The guy in the video was obviously playing with the all the driving aids enabled, but still the car wanted to break away when exitting slow corners with too much throttle and there was noticeable tyre scrubbing on the fast corners.
And you actually need to use the brakes now :p.

well i agree with all u guys..... shift look s like a major updated patch of Race Driver Grid..... well here's the official trailer -
Need For Speed Shift - Teaser Trailer HQ

wat can i say..... EA should probably start thinking abt their NFS titles.... the last best title i know was most wanted.... carbon was a very short game... it got over b4 anyone can know..... pro street... wat a mess it was... most of them couldnt finish it bcoz of the wheeli challenge.... and yeah of course the hyped up undercover... it didnt take me more than 2 or 3 days to finish the game..... :(

as u can see the shift gameplay is exactly like GRID, the environment is like grid and the cars are also like grid..... the graphics and detailing are amazing... but wat s the use its like playing GRID on a high graphic setting...

SHIFT_launch_AG_01_resize_wm.jpg

lol guys if u really wanna play THE racing game jus wait for codemasters Dirt 2.... here are the screens for CODEMASTERS DIRT2

955086_20090330_790screen002.jpg

955086_20090330_790screen003.jpg

955086_20090220_790screen001.jpg

955088_20081120_790screen001.jpg

Need for Speed Shift - New Details Revealed
GTSurgeons have revealed some supposedly internal-info on EA`s upcoming Need for Speed Shift title.

While some of the facts below have already been confirmed, most of these details include fresh info.
Physics model of NFS: Shift is based on those of “Ferrari Project”
Professional setting is more accurate to drive than in GTR2
Eero Piitulainen of Richard Burns Rally has developed totally new tyre-physics model which is mainly responsible for new physics

Difference between 3 physics-models is in assist levels, while lowest setting will provide around 10% of more tyre grip for beginners
Lots of efforts has gone into handling development so the game can be driven with controller
Professional setting will require wheel in order to successfully manage throttle/braking and steering inputs
Shift will feature different car classes - from Golf GTI up to Zonda F
All cars can be upgraded and tuned from inside-out
Most tracks are licensed European and American circuits with few non-existing tracks
There will be few city-circuits
Cockpit is the most important visual feature of the game
Head-physics is the key difference point to other titles

Physic-wise, Need for Speed Shift starts to sound really promising. If done right, the 3 different physic models can really make the game enjoyable both for the usual Need for Speed crowd as well as simulation enthusiasts. The fact that the pro-mode requires a wheel should be seen as a good sign and physics guru Eero Piitulainen will hopefully not sell out his soul either.

The list suggest that most circuits in the game will indeed be real, contrary to what has been shown so far. Keep in mind though, this info is not confirmed by an official source. GTSurgeons have an impressive record in revealing new details about upcoming Gran Turismo titles though, so they most likely do have some good inside-contacts.

Developed by Slightly Mad Studios (former Blimey! Games) and distributed by EA, Need for Speed Shift is expected to be released in September 2009 for the PC and all major consoles. A demo of Shift has been announced to be available this summer.
Even though the source isn't exactly official, this game is shaping up to be very very promising.

well if it works well as a pure sim racer, it wont appeal much to the nfs fans..

cuz theyre mostly arcade fans ;)

screen shots of nfs shift looks terrific.a monstrous system is reqd to play the game huh!!!will be looking forward to getting this babe!!

the gameplay doesnt look good
they showed us how to make a bad most wanted with undercover ,now they might be trying to make a bad GRID with SHIFT.:no:

Back