Need Gps help????

MAGNeT

Skilled
Since that O2 which i m trying to sell is still with me...i thght to install some applications on it......

so i installed the gps tuner for pocket pc stuff on it.......

i have seen on tv programs and also a recent interviewof xbhp guys and they were using gps devices(on locations likeleh and all).........so i tried to autodetect the stuff....but i keep on getting eror message gps device not found..........

so is gps a paid service or what..like using net on wifi stuff........if not..than any guidewhich can help me understand what problem i m facingis really wc.........

and yup the gps s/w is a full version not the demo one......

Dude...You need a GPS receiver (Hardware unit) on the phone to use GPS location tracking....

AFAIK, the only PDA phone with an in-build GPS module is the ipaq 65xx

If you want to use GPS with your O2, you will need to buy an external GPS module with a Bluetooth interface

ohh...got same reply stuff on google........by the way how much does the receiver cost???in india

saw 1 here
EastGear

if its that costly..i better get a gps device whichppl nowaday use in car......comes for ard 10-15k i guess

also whts the use of receiver.......i have installed s/w on the phone...phone uses n/w.......wont that b used as a receiver or wht?????sorry i dont know whether i have frame the question properly....but i m not getting the logic...why we need receiver...........

Simple analogy..If you get hold of a hypothetical phone software and install it on a laptop, can you use that laptop as a Cellphone? nahi na!

Just like you need the actual hardware that goes in a phone on top of which the phone software is loaded, Similarly a GPS receiver consists of a hardware unit that receives signals from a netwerk of navigational satellites and triangulates the signals to pinpoint your exact location on earth....

The hardware unit then passes this locational data to the software that now overlays this locational data on a digital map....

I am not aware of any digital maps available for Indian cities though, so am not sure how much of a use you would have for a GPS device...

if you are aware of any such digital maps, plz let me know too

i do know that gps settings do exist for whole india........i have seen gadgets on cnbc used by car ppl......which costs 10k...and as your car moves.....after every minute says u r near this hotel/adlabs whtever........
also the xbhp guy were on a place in leh where mobile n/w wasnt there...and they were using gps system to track where they are and how many kms and all they have to travel....whtever details i get i will really pass on to u superzar...forthe time being enjoy repps.......(thks for making me understand the analogy)

really good topic to discuss, Please pour in more information about this type of gadget. can this have to trace the caller's location on cell phone. I am hutch user and I have 6600.:clap:

hey guys. i have been doing a bit of research to get a gps unit for myself. the first option i explored was to get an ipaq 6965 which has a built in gps receiver. then i came to know about bluetooth gps receivers. the benefit it offers is that you can use any symbian mobile, windows mobile or even your laptop/desktop with it. the best deal i found in india for a bt gps receiver was from a dealer in Patiala. he is selling the holux gps236 (HOLUX) for 10000.00 inclusive of courier anywhere in india. you can contact him on 09988112521 (rajan). he is also selling maps for major metros. you can take my reference (sumit from shillong). the maps for use on laptops with the gps receiver can also be p2p'ed (emule for mapking) ;-)

Back