Need guidance for buying a monitor.

dovakhiin

Adept
Hi guys,
Presently I have a Syncmaster 997df which I borrowed from a friend.It's a 19" crt.Now my friend needs it back so i guess its time to buy myself a monitor.:)
I'm looking to buy a 20" monitor either -Dell,Samsung or BenQ for 6-7k.My friends are pooling in cash for this so i'd rather not spend too much.So I'd prefer if u guys can recommend the cheapest 20" with a decent response time and Contrast ratio.Also give me an estimated SP road price if possible.

dell ST2010 is also good

infact its very good - a friend of mine has this model and according to me you should go ahead for 2010

swastikrj said:
dell ST2010 is also good

infact its very good - a friend of mine has this model and according to me you should go ahead for 2010
It looks very nice but IINM it doesn't fit the budget.Thanks.

sid1712 said:
Have a look at the Samsung B2030 which costs ~ 6.5k

Looks pretty nice,I just checked it out.Also saw the Samsung 2033SW.According to the website it is 21.5 inch.Is it in the same price range?

swastikrj said:
you should get the Dell ST2010 around 6.5k which is in your budget :)
if it's for 6.5k then i'm defintely considering it....but i feel 2033SW might be better because of its 21.5" screen size.So ppl should i go for dell or samsung?

nuke'em said:
if it's for 6.5k then i'm defintely considering it....but i feel 2033SW might be better because of its 21.5" screen size.So ppl should i go for dell or samsung?
hey samsung 2033 is 20" and not 21.5"

samsung 2233 will be 21.5"

nuke'em said:
how will you get 21.5" size in 20" monitor :rofl:

Go for dell ST2010 .. fits in your budget and VFM

nuke'em said:
I don't know...Maybe it's magic.See for yourself....

LINK
there is a mistake in the model no - they have written 2033 instead of 2233

but the price mentioned is rs8700 so you dint see the price ?

just go ahead for dell st 2010 or samsung b2030 or 2033

any one of the above 3

i would suggest to go for dell

yep...my bad...must be a typo.thanks.

EDIT:Actually even B2030 is listed as at 8.7k on the samsung site.So hopefully someone can confirm this or maybe I should call samsung or something.

When I asked for the prices of some monitors recently...Prime mentioned they just recently got the Dell IN2020 and were offering it for 6,900rs. Unfortunately since it just launched in September there are no reviews for it. Also...it's contrast ratio seems...iffy.

Take a look at the Dell s2009w and st2010 as well.

FYI, if you want to push your budget a little more you can get the Benq G2220 HD for 7.5k...21.5 inches and Full Hd resolution.

I feel 20 incher is good for movies only.I have the samsung B2030.This monitor is good for movies but definitely awful for gaming.I play cs at 1600x900 resolution but i feel gaming is better on a 19 or 22 incher but not a 20 incher.

As memento suggested,get a benq g2220,you wont be disappointed.

nuke'em said:
yep...my bad...must be a typo.thanks.

EDIT:Actually even B2030 is listed as at 8.7k on the samsung site.So hopefully someone can confirm this or maybe I should call samsung or something.
My office got a couple of Samsung B2030's for 6.5K in Mumbai. I'm using one of them at the moment.

crvinay_4u said:
I feel 20 incher is good for movies only.I have the samsung B2030.This monitor is good for movies but definitely awful for gaming.I play cs at 1600x900 resolution but i feel gaming is better on a 19 or 22 incher but not a 20 incher.
As memento suggested,get a benq g2220,you wont be disappointed.
It's really out of my budget guys...the g2220.I'm actually using a Samsung 2033SW which I borrowed today.I find it OK so I think I'll stick with 20inch.I'll check out the dells suggested by Memento.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Bandu said:
My office got a couple of Samsung B2030's for 6.5K in Mumbai. I'm using one of them at the moment.
cool...Thanks for confirming that.

Find out the prices of all 3 20inch dell models. If they are very similar in price and picture quality etc etc ...then the st2010 has the edge because it has an hdmi port too.

The IN2020 is an LED screen and supposedly has a 8million:1 contrast ratio...but has no DVI port.

Memento said:
Find out the prices of all 3 20inch dell models. If they are very similar in price and picture quality etc etc ...then the st2010 has the edge because it has an hdmi port too.

The IN2020 is an LED screen and supposedly has a 8million:1 contrast ratio...but has no DVI port.
hey,

i'm finding it really hard to get the indian price but I managed to find the relative pricing from dell australia.

the order is as follows:-

IN2020M>ST2010>S2009W

prices:-

$199>$189>$149

Price difference is substantial.If the IN2020M comes for less than 7k here I'm definitely gonna buy(VGA port will do for me),cos i'd really like an LED monitor.But then it doesn't look like thats gonna happen,does it?

I'll enquire at some stores in SP road to find out the price.

GuruGulabKhatri said:
I know...G2220HD is awesome but I have mainly two reasons for not buying it.

i)Money...a Big Problem indeed.

ii)the HD 5770 is hardly future proof and I will be stuck with it for a while(unless I win a lottery).I like my games running fast I dont think it will be possible with the HD 5770 at 1080p.1600x900 should be relatively better.

techno_guy said:
Samsung B2030 is quite good
Yeah..its a good monitor.I just need to figure out the DELL prices so that I can weigh the pros and cons and decide which monitor to buy.

nuke'em said:
If the IN2020M comes for less than 7k here I'm definitely gonna buy(VGA port will do for me),cos i'd really like an LED monitor.But then it doesn't look like thats gonna happen,does it?
I'll enquire at some stores in SP road to find out the price.
been to lammy last week...its available for 6.7k:)

Back