Need guidance for buying a monitor.

DarkAngel said:
Errr....... A ~$180-200 monitor available for 6.7k in India :S Are u sure?
The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

Samsung
The Samsung B2030 is a decent monitor and costs anrd ~6.5-6.8k in most metros.

The Dell S2009W is also a decent alternative in the same price range.

Sir , Correct me if Iam wrong the link which you have mentioned is Australian , Dell Store -Australia , 180AUD Roughly translates to 7.5k , Even then not sure about Indian ? But still not sure wether AUD/USD ... ? :ashamed:

nuke'em said:
hey,
i'm finding it really hard to get the indian price but I managed to find the relative pricing from dell australia.
the order is as follows:-
IN2020M>ST2010>S2009W
prices:-
$199>$189>$149

Price difference is substantial. If the IN2020M comes for less than 7k here I'm definitely gonna buy(VGA port will do for me),cos i'd really like an LED monitor.But then it doesn't look like thats gonna happen,does it?
I'll enquire at some stores in SP road to find out the price.

Market/street prices are always lower. If I'm not mistaken all three models should cost below 7k. Check with local dealers...else inquire with PRIME.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

DarkAngel said:
Errr....... A ~$180-200 monitor available for 6.7k in India :S Are u sure?
The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

Samsung
The Samsung B2030 is a decent monitor and costs anrd ~6.5-6.8k in most metros.

The Dell S2009W is also a decent alternative in the same price range.
When they didn't have the model I was looking for, PRIME mentioned this new model instead and said it was for 6900rs. I had never even heard or read about this model until Prime mentioned it. I didn't ask any other dealer nor negotiated with PRIME. So rocky might be right about the price.

GuruGulabKhatri said:

How is reading text(Reading ebooks,online articles and coding) on this Panel? in review it says "1080p monitors of this size, screen elements such as text can often appear very small." is that true?

Memento said:
Market/street prices are always lower. If I'm not mistaken all three models should cost below 7k. Check with local dealers...else inquire with PRIME.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

When they didn't have the model I was looking for, PRIME mentioned this new model instead and said it was for 6900rs. I had never even heard or read about this model until Prime mentioned it. I didn't ask any other dealer nor negotiated with PRIME. So rocky might be right about the price.

Considering how other Dell monitors are priced in India(Usually $1~Rs.45-50) i dont expect a ~$180 to be priced for <8k INR.
Lets hope it does as even i might buy a 20" LED <7k to replace the ageing CRT of my parents PC :)

DarkAngel said:
Considering how other Dell monitors are priced in India(Usually $1~Rs.45-50) i dont expect a ~$180 to be priced for <8k INR.

Lets hope it does as even i might buy a 20" LED <7k to replace the ageing CRT of my parents PC :)
Yes Let's hope...but its highly unlikely when you look at the relative pricing on the dell site(among the different monitors).I'll enquire at ashirvad and ankit tomorrow and see what the prices are and tell you guys what happens.It'll be really awesome to get an LED for 7k.I've decided to go with Dell S2009W in case IN2020M is too pricey.Will be be buying in a few weeks.

Are there any TE members from Mangalore??I presently stay in surathkal(close to mangalore) and return to bangalore once in a few weeks.If anyone knows about a good store in mangalore with similar pricing please let me know.

l33t said:
Sir , Correct me if Iam wrong the link which you have mentioned is Australian , Dell Store -Australia , 180AUD Roughly translates to 7.5k , Even then not sure about Indian ? But still not sure wether AUD/USD ... ? :ashamed:

Did u check the link :p It says 199 AUD. 1AUD~ Rs.42-43. So direct conversion is ~Rs.8500

I know...G2220HD is awesome but I have mainly two reasons for not buying it.

i)Money...a Big Problem indeed.

ii)the HD 5770 is hardly future proof and I will be stuck with it for a while(unless I win a lottery).I like my games running fast I dont think it will be possible with the HD 5770 at 1080p.1600x900 should be relatively better.

1.Its Only .5K Extra mate...Borrow It from a buddy..trust me u Wont regret

2.Okay So u can Run It in non Preset mode too.I Run Max payne 2 (11th time :)) In 1024x768 Only.No Issues,Fast as a roadrunner

Gaurish said:
How is reading text(Reading ebooks,online articles and coding) on this Panel? in review it says "1080p monitors of this size, screen elements such as text can often appear very small." is that true?
Nope Its Clear as Crystal Mate.m a Myopic Still Haven't found any Issues Whatsoever.Extreme VFM. Only Word of Caution is Check The Backlight Bleeding in the lower Right Corner.Check 2-3 Panels (I did) and then Decide

^^^Well.I did run max payne 2 on my 20 incher at 1024x768 but i didn't enjoy it at all.Max payne looks so broad in that resolution and pointing and shooting is a bit difficult in that resolution.

I also need some LCD/LED advise! (I dont intent to hijack the thread!)

I am kinda hanging between BenQ G2420HD LCD and BenQ V2420 LED monitors, regarding which one to buy!!

Pls can anyone help me with that?

What'll be the primary differences between LED and LCD panels?(I've heard LEDs are brighter and consume less power)

Back