Need help for buying a Casio Writst watch under 10k.

harish.awe

Disciple
Hi,

I'm looking for a Casio Edifice series watch under 10k, i have narrowed it down to 3 models.

1) EF-521SP-1AV
2) EFR501SP
3) EFR520SP

My preference is in the same order,
I'm looking to buy it online . plz suggest me some good site where i can get good deals.
I have tried amazon but i'm not happy abt the price :(
plz help me to find a good deal.

regards
-harish

Keep checking ebay bids.
There are some genuine sellers like ecasio, fateshn watchesforindia.
You will surely get a steal. I probably did a mistake of hastily buying a casio watch from a local shop. Felt like decieved later
:banghead:

One more suggestion..since you have already thought of putting so much cash for a watch why don't you try automatic watches of seiko,kenneth cole,etc.
Will come in your budget and you can use it for lifetime and their looks are pretty decent. I loved it personally.
Even titan has automatic watches in this price range and are worth trying because of good looks and 1 or 2 year warranty,not sure tough.

If you are not real fan or collector of original watches, go with replicas. Exact looking piece you can get as cheap as 4400 Rs (original is 12000)

Get one locally from an authorised retailer with B&W. I am telling you specifically because although their watches may be reliable, there is no guarantee that it cannot fail. I had this ana-digi watch which cost me around 4k, was purchased from Shoppers Stop during Diwali '08 and it gave up on me last year. I thought the battery must have died but it was something else and the Casio service centre insisted me to pick up an alternate watch instead by paying the difference amount. I selected a G-Shock model and was delivered to me later.

He was very specific about the bill/invoice and that they wouldn't touch the watch if it was imported! Avoid replicas if you do not wish to run into troubles later.

For a watch - its feel is very important. That unfortunately is never possible on-line. What may look nice on-line may not, off-line on your wrist.

One thing you may think of, try the watch off line in a shop and try to buy it on line with a better discount. eBay would be riskier compared with sites like watchkart.com (I dont have personal experience with watchkart.com).

Just ordered Casio Edifice EF-545D-1AV using 10 percent discount coupon from icici bank card.
thanks to arv90 for providing me useful info.
This one clearly says its with Dealer warranty :( (meaning replica/fake). (even the people working in casio showrooms can not differentiate the replicas these days, only an experienced watch maker would be able to find the difference)
Also, casio edifice models come with two years warranty (if I am not wrong). In ebay, the seller named ecasio is the official dealer, most of the others sell fakes.
You could have tried here http://www.watchkart.com/casio-edifice-watches.html, they have 1k off on 5k and above voucher.
There are many sites selling authentic watches, like myntra, jabong (and they offer coupons and discounts too).
Ebay should be the last place to buy an authentic watch.

Go for Protrek Titanium.
Not only it is half the weight of Edf, It is one of the most durable watch of Casio and i have been using this series for almost 11 years now.
For Casio, usually it depends on the store to give you discount. On Casio Owned Showrooms the discount is always 10%, however one of the showrooms Near my locality gives flat 20% off on Casion watched above 10K.

I managed to upgrade my ProTrek to this one, within 12K.

20120726_081448.jpg

This one clearly says its with Dealer warranty :( (meaning replica/fake). (even the people working in casio showrooms can not differentiate the replicas these days, only an experienced watch maker would be able to find the difference)
Also, casio edifice models come with two years warranty (if I am not wrong). In ebay, the seller named ecasio is the official dealer, most of the others sell fakes.
You could have tried here http://www.watchkart.com/casio-edifice-watches.html, they have 1k off on 5k and above voucher.
There are many sites selling authentic watches, like myntra, jabong (and they offer coupons and discounts too).
Ebay should be the last place to buy an authentic watch.
I believe casio provides warranty on the warranty card
And i don't think its a fake watch only because the dealer is providing warranty.
Even if the watch is bought in a shop and if it goes kaput, the shopkeeper asks to get the watch to the shop and he'll do the needful.
harish.awe damages

I believe casio provides warranty on the warranty card
And i don't think its a fake watch only because the dealer is providing warranty.
Even if the watch is bought in a shop and if it goes kaput, the shopkeeper asks to get the watch to the shop and he'll do the needful.
harish.awe damages
1. You wont be getting any warranty card from these kind of ebay sellers.
2. Dealer warranty is as good as no warranty, because you can not service it from Casio service centers for free.
3. if the watch is bought in a shop (or from a genuine online retailer), watch can be serviced in any of the casio service centers countrywide. In case if you purchase a watch from ebay seller (fake/replica ones) will not carry any Casio warranty, so what the seller offers is his own warranty, you need to ship it to him to repair/replace.
Casio edifice is the most replicated model these days and the market is flooded with those watches, so be cautious while purchasing. Always buy from an authorised / reputed dealer.
Finally, why pay so much for a replica watch and take the risk? Still you want to believe these ebay sellers, then its up to you.

2. Dealer warranty is as good as no warranty, because you can not service it from Casio service centers for free.
3. if the watch is bought in a shop (or from a genuine online retailer), watch can be serviced in any of the casio service centers countrywide. In case if you purchase a watch from ebay seller (fake/replica ones) will not carry any Casio warranty, so what the seller offers is his own warranty, you need to ship it to him to repair/replace.
Casio edifice is the most replicated model these days and the market is flooded with those watches, so be cautious while purchasing. Always buy from an authorised / reputed dealer.
Finally, why pay so much for a replica watch and take the risk? Still you want to believe these ebay sellers, then its up to you.

Is there any way that i can findout whether its genuine or fake ?
because i have already placed the order so there is nothing i can do about it now :)

Thanks for the insight mate. I thought only costly watches like rolex,tags,omegas,etc have replicas.
harish.awe i would suggest you to confirm that the box contains the warranty card when you receive the watch.Give the seller a call whether the box contains warranty card.
And as you have confirmed from the seller of its genuinity previously, you may return the courier if there is no warranty card.

Well most sellers on ebay even fake ones show pics of watches with warranty cards. I hope when they send boxes they send that card too.
Cant you claim warranty of seller has provided such card ?

Well most sellers on ebay even fake ones show pics of watches with warranty cards. I hope when they send boxes they send that card too.
Cant you claim warranty of seller has provided such card ?

Thanks for the insight mate. I thought only costly watches like rolex,tags,omegas,etc have replicas.
harish.awe i would suggest you to confirm that the box contains the warranty card when you receive the watch.Give the seller a call whether the box contains warranty card.
And as you have confirmed from the seller of its genuinity previously, you may return the courier if there is no warranty card.

Is there any way that i can findout whether its genuine or fake ?
because i have already placed the order so there is nothing i can do about it now
happy19.gif

Yesterday i received the package :)
Everything seems to be good... Watch is working perfectly , Warranty card is included in the box and looking at the build quality i think its original.
plz help me figure out the difference .
I have taken some snaps plz have a look at them.

IMAG0067.jpgIMAG0069_BURST002.jpg IMAG0062_BURST001.jpg

Back