Need help for home theater - atmos setup

sreeram180

Disciple
Hi guys
I am planning to set up an atmos 5.1.2 home theater for the LG GX65 tv in the living room. currently, I have an old Logitech z906 and planing to reuse the surrounding speakers for a new setup.
I would like to know my existing Logitech speakers can be able to use with Denon X1600H / Denon X2700H.

Receiver Specs :
  • Denon X1600H - 80 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
  • Denon X2600H - 95 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
Logitech Speaker specs :
  • Left/Right: 62 watts RMS x 2 (into 8 ohms, @ 1khz, @ 10% THD)
  • Center: 69 watts RMS (into 8 ohms, @ 1kHz, @ 10% THD)
  • Rear Left & Right: 62 watts RMS x 2 (into 8 ohms, @ 1kHz, @ 10% THD)
  • Total Peak power: 1010 watts
  • Maximum SPL: >115 dB
  • Frequency response: 33 Hz - 20 kHz
  • Amplifier: Ultra-linear, high-capacity analog
  • Signal to noise ratio: >93.5 dB, typical 100
  • Input impedance: 8,000 ohms

Hi - you should be able to. But it's not something that most people do. Those speakers are built for use with that amp that's in your sub. Your Denon will be more powerful than that. If you are one who likes to listen to music loud, I think you should avoid this. As for those specs on the Logitech, I am not sure how accurate they are.

Dont use Logitech speakers z906 for atmos setup...Its not worth it...you dont feel anything with this setup.
If u r buying denon, kindly check with your logitech speakers before buying some other speakers. Then u know the difference. Just go with any entry level speakers.

Hi - you should be able to. But it's not something that most people do. Those speakers are built for use with that amp that's in your sub. Your Denon will be more powerful than that. If you are one who likes to listen to music loud, I think you should avoid this. As for those specs on the Logitech, I am not sure how accurate they are.
Hey

Actually, the Logitech z906 sub was not working and I want to reuse speakers for time being. In the future, I will upgrade it with good speakers.
Can I able use it without any damage to the Amplifier?

I got spec from this website

Thank you

This should work fine, just calibrate the Denon running their Audyssey app.
This setup will get you a taste of 5.0 and then you can decide if you wanna upgrade. Get a decent sub at the earliest and then think of adding Atmos speakers.

Hey

Actually, the Logitech z906 sub was not working and I want to reuse speakers for time being. In the future, I will upgrade it with good speakers.
Can I able use it without any damage to the Amplifier?

I got spec from this website

Thank you
Yes, you should be OK.. Just don't play the speakers to loud.

Bit off topic in case you aren’t aware.
Some 2020 model denon, marantz etc AVRs have a HDMI 2.1 bug. Since you have GX oled, I thought of mentioning it. Assuming you will be using the HDMI 2.1 features with the latest gpus or PS5/XSX console.
The issue seems to have been fixed, make sure you look up the model number to see if it’s the fixed/updated hardware.

Back