Storage Solutions Need help in buying a new hdd and dvd optical drive

Red drives have a lower disc spin rate (~5400 rpm) vs the 7200 rpm on the blue and black. If its going to be your primary/OS drive, its better to stick to blue/black.

Fine.. No for the red
still confused b/w black and blue!

If your budget allows -> WD Black
OR
If you're still apprehensive then buy the Blue one. You cannot go wrong either way...its your call.
-----------

You may talk to the WD Support for any doubt(warranty, RMA etc...). They're pretty helpful.
Toll Free No.(Mon-Sat, 9AM-6PM)
1800-200-5789
1800-419-5591

Source

If your budget allows -> WD Black
OR
If you're still apprehensive then buy the Blue one. You cannot go wrong either way...its your call.
-----------

You may talk to the WD Support for any doubt(warranty, RMA etc...). They're pretty helpful.
Toll Free No.(Mon-Sat, 9AM-6PM)
1800-200-5789
1800-419-5591

Source
thnx man.. Already checked on site.. It provieds 5-year warranty for black and 2-year warranty for the blue.. One of my cousins owns black one and he says, its the best.. Will go for black one.. Btw black one is not avalaible locally in my city.. I'm only left with the online option.. From where should i buy online?

buy from any of the e-retailers mentioned earlier in the thread, where you find it listed for the cheapest. check on amazon as well once.

could be, but a friend of mine got his HDD delivered from flipkart without any such issues (WS Retail).

otherwise, get it from amazon itself, if its only 100-300/- more. haven't checked the prices. its got a generally good feedback. concern for a few hundred bucks more shouldn't come in the way of peace of mind.

Back