Storage Solutions Need help in buying a new hdd and dvd optical drive

i would recommend getting Asus 24B5ST, as it comes from a tried and tested range of drives. haven't read any feedback on the samsung ones. they could be good too though. your decision anyway.

and what's the confusion regarding HDD?! about from where to purchase?!

black is the better one. there shouldn't be any sort of confusion about it. similarly, get either Asus 24B3ST or 24B5ST.
so here ends the first part of your dilemma! now you are left with the second part - from where to source these. check locally first at all the decent shops, compare prices online, make a final call, purchase, post a few pics of the bought items, and let us all congratulate you! now double up! :)

never heard of chipkart. what name! but in the hindsight, well-thought of, considering it deals only in electronics & allied products.
anyway, may be they have good service, i don't know. i think you skipped the golchhait link i had provided. its the same model there. i have dealt with them earlier, and had a very good experience.

Last edited:
I even asked about wd black's warranty at a local store and they said it does not comes with a 5-year warranty! Both blue and black come with 2-year warranty!

Back