Need help in buying Washing Machine!!!!

astroboy89

Recruit
I wish to purchase a front loading washing machine for my family of 4. Laundry will be 2-3 times a week with regular clothes and once or twice a month for cleaning bed sheets,pillow covers and curtains.

Requirements include:
1) Extremely well built and low maintenance
2) Water Use and Energy Efficient
3) Low Noise and Good Drying capabilities.
4) Good After Sales service in Kolkata
5) 10 year warranty on Motor.

I am swayed by the Direct Drive Washing Machines from LG (both my ads and customer reviews on sites such as Flipkart and Snapdeal) and its good support service in Kolkata.

But I am a huge fan of Bosch engineering but am worried about their after sales service in Kolkata.I dont know wheteher it is good or not.

So please suggest as my max budget is 30-32k.

I am swayed by the Direct Drive Washing Machines from LG (both my ads and customer reviews on sites such as Flipkart and Snapdeal) and its good support service in Kolkata.

Last summer I was in same boat and from my experience I would suggest to check drum size of DD machines. I found them on lower side than conventional machines. This would lead to buying DD machine with higher capacity. E.g. If a normal one with 6.5-7Kg would suffice, you may need to buy DD with 8kg capacity for same load.

Forget about high tech features. Find the company with the best after sales service in your city and pick a model that suites your needs. Washing machines are mechanical devices that break down. Even a 10 year warranty from a company with sloppy service is little use.

If it does the job, you really do not care about how high tech or what brand it is.

Last edited:
I dont have any idea regarding Bosch Service center in Kolkata.But I think LG has good after sales in Kolkata.
So please suggest the best one with specific model number.Will buy in few weeks time.

Back