Need help in extending wifi range

panny

Market Restricted
Disciple
I own these wifi routers :
1. TP-LINK TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless N Router
2. ASUS RT-AC750L Dual Band 750Mbps (10/100 Mbps) Router, Black
3. Huawei AX3 AX3000 Dual Band Wi-Fi Router, WiFi 6 Plus Smart Wi-Fi Router, Wi-Fi Speed up to 3000 Mbps, 2.4GHz 5GHz Dual-Band Gigabit Rate Internet Router

I have my ASUS router as a primary router in my room, my tplink router at hall (connected through lan cable going through my asus router to my hall a long wire) and created a new wifi name for Hall as I am unable to extend my range on same wifi of asus. my huawei is dormant not in use.
My need - is to create a single wifi name for my entire flat to cover full flat. I have wire from my room 1 to hall but my room 2 dont have any wire from my room 1
So please guide me what I can do

Firstly make ur huawei router as primary....ur best bet is mesh system for seamless switchover but to use ur already available routers, make ur huawei router as primary and make asus as Access point connecting it to huawei router.....same way u can connect the third router in room2 but if there is no way to connect it via wire then connect wirelessly but speed will be less.....that is the only way.

Firstly make ur huawei router as primary....ur best bet is mesh system for seamless switchover but to use ur already available routers, make ur huawei router as primary and make asus as Access point connecting it to huawei router.....same way u can connect the third router in room2 but if there is no way to connect it via wire then connect wirelessly but speed will be less.....that is the only way.
is it possible to use my other 2 routers as access points? or do we need specific routers for it? also hwo to do it? for tplink and for asus router? any video that I should follow? also share video for wifi through access point making thingy pls

My need - is to create a single wifi name for my entire flat to cover full flat. I have wire from my room 1 to hall but my room 2 dont have any wire from my room 1
So please guide me what I can do
BAD Idea... Having same SSID over multiple access points without fast roaming support is not good. Devices when connected to an AP tend to cling to it even when signal strength is low unless it sees a known different SSID. So when you move across rooms the device will see it's connected to "MyWiFI" but strength is low and there's no other SSID which has better strength (Since SSID is same) so it'll stay connected and not switch to your other AP which has better strength but same SSID.

As suggested above, mesh is ideal solution but expensive.

To make do with what you got, keep the best router connected to your internet directly so you have an AP which can provide full speed of your connection. Having 100Mbps routers as edge router (last point where it goes out to internet) you'll only have 100Mbps or less connection capability overall. That's not what you'd want.
Next, if you need full speed on other routers, they need to be in Access point mode (DHCP disabled on them and their LAN IP set to something in the subnet of the edge router) and connected directly from LAN to LAN with primary router. Can be daisy chained as well. Set their wifi SSID to "MyWiFI_EXT1" and "MyWiFI_EXT2".

Repeating over wifi will cut the bandwidth directly in half. If 1st router gives 200Mbps and you're repeating wirelessly then the 2nd router will give at max 100Mbps in best conditions and with higher latencies, not ideal for streaming video content.

BAD Idea... Having same SSID over multiple access points without fast roaming support is not good. Devices when connected to an AP tend to cling to it even when signal strength is low unless it sees a known different SSID. So when you move across rooms the device will see it's connected to "MyWiFI" but strength is low and there's no other SSID which has better strength (Since SSID is same) so it'll stay connected and not switch to your other AP which has better strength but same SSID.

As suggested above, mesh is ideal solution but expensive.

To make do with what you got, keep the best router connected to your internet directly so you have an AP which can provide full speed of your connection. Having 100Mbps routers as edge router (last point where it goes out to internet) you'll only have 100Mbps or less connection capability overall. That's not what you'd want.
Next, if you need full speed on other routers, they need to be in Access point mode (DHCP disabled on them and their LAN IP set to something in the subnet of the edge router) and connected directly from LAN to LAN with primary router. Can be daisy chained as well. Set their wifi SSID to "MyWiFI_EXT1" and "MyWiFI_EXT2".

Repeating over wifi will cut the bandwidth directly in half. If 1st router gives 200Mbps and you're repeating wirelessly then the 2nd router will give at max 100Mbps in best conditions and with higher latencies, not ideal for streaming video content.
I did 1 thing, my hall router is different name wifi (consider hall1).
My pc main room router is wifi named room1
And I have installed the huawei router at another room (with just power cable, no lan cable) and I have enabled the wifi repeater mode on that huawei router and connected it to my main wifi (i.e. room1) and the new name over there is again same name1 (but if connected to huawei one it shows wifi6 on mobile)

So, another new room will use room1 name but huawei signal routed wirelessly through room1.
Is there any security concerns to loook for? I progressed normally as shown in huawei website, didnt change any ip, didnt connect to any other wifi other than main room1 wifi

All done then? no security issue right? same password as room1
(main issue was another room not receiving signal which is now sorted)

Back