PC Peripherals Need help in Upgrading!!

Era of Mercury / Intex / iBall / Hitech / Richtech / VIP / Zebronics ....... is gone now . Use better PSU from brands like CM . You can have an entry level mother board for Athlon X4 620 in between INR 3000 to 4000 like ASUS M2N68 AM Plus , Biostar GF 8100 , 8200 . If you want to go for the entry level motherboard use your budget for better PSU and RAM . For PSU I will suggest you CM RPP 460 Watt / 80 Plus Bronze @ INR 3800 or Extreme Power Plus 650 Watt @ INR 4200.

If you want to keep the same cabinet , then you need to consider the size of your cabinet. As most of so called branded companies use micro-ATx chassis to cut on the costs. Upgradation in such chassis may get difficult some time .
:mad:

Thanks for the info..

Yesterday my friend bought the same config with a zebronics psu which costs 450/-.

The shopkeeper said that this is enough.

Will it do any damage to the proc. or mobo???

Go for the Zebronics Pro real watts 350w- 1.5k.Dont go for anything lesser than this. Its not good for your PC in the longer run considering you have a quad core processor.
If you are ok with a DDRII mobo then go for the,
Biostar A785GE - 3.3k
Transcend 2GB DDRII 800MHz - 2.1k

As Karthi007 said, it is not advisable for a quad core cpu.

Reduses ur cpu life span slowly

Go for DDR3 mobo will pay u back even though if it costs more now, it will ensure futureproof system. Moreover DDR3 rams will get cheaper later and DDR2 rams will get pricier.

Saving 2k on DDRII board will give u happiness for now but after q1 2010 u'll feel the pinch.

So finally i'm planning to the these:

proc - AMD Athlon II x4 620 - 5.2k

mobo - there is a Biostar 785 mobo which supports ddrIII and costs abt 4.2k, i dont know model number

DDRIII ram transcend 2gb - 2.45k

Zebronics Pro real watts 350w- 1.5k

please do suggest me if i need to change anything or make it more cheaper.

shravansantosh said:

mobo - there is a Biostar 785 mobo which supports ddrIII and costs abt 4.2k, i dont know model number

It cost 5.9k i guess, not 4.2k(its DDR2)

shravansantosh said:

Change the PSU to better brand.

get anyone of these in order of preference:

* Gigabyte 460w - 2.3k shipped from Lynx
* Zebronics Pro real watts 500w- 2.5k
* Zebronics Pro real watts 350w- 1.5k

shravansantosh said:
Then plz suggest me the better one with lower price...
CM 350 Plus @ INR 1700. Since I am never comfortable with local brand PSUs this is the only one I can suggest. Ofcourse there are some under 400 Watt available in seasonic , silverstone but are 80 Plus and priced above 2.5 - 3.0 K.
CM 350 Plus can support graphics card til 9600 GT has 120mm fan for cooling , Has 1 PCIe 6pin , 4 sata and 4 in and 8 pin CPU connectors. I think it is perfect for the upgrade provided you are looking for a good brand PSU. :)

Back